• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Iridium and iRig HD

Grenville

I'm planning to jump into modeller world in a few months.

For the last few years I've been happy enough recording at home on my iMac with an IK Multimedia iRig HD interface.

My question: is the iRig HD gonna work with the Iridium, or am I going to need a non guitar specific interface like a Scarlett or some such?

nicotele

I would love to know this myself.

From my understanding, I would think it should work, since irig HAD it is an audio interface, but it would be great to have an answer from someone who knows about this. Thank you!!

Blix

Norwegian
Silver Supporting Member
You might get it to work, but it will be less than ideal. You'd want a interface with stereo line inputs.

Grenville

I would love to know this myself.

From my understanding, I would think it should work, since irig HAD it is an audio interface, but it would be great to have an answer from someone who knows about this. Thank you!!
nicotele, it does work. Just record as an audio file rather than via the amp simulator plugins in the recording software.

Although I've had an Iridium for a few months now I haven't played around with it much recording wise.

I've mainly just used it with headphones for quite practice at home, and it's fantastic for that.

nicotele

You might get it to work, but it will be less than ideal. You'd want a interface with stereo line inputs.
Thanks! If it's not stereo I'm ok with it at the moment. As long as it works and can record with it on my computer it's more than enough.

nicotele, it does work. Just record as an audio file rather than via the amp simulator plugins in the recording software.

Although I've had an Iridium for a few months now I haven't played around with it much recording wise.

I've mainly just used it with headphones for quite practice at home, and it's fantastic for that.
Awesome! Thanks for the input! And glad to know you are liking to so far and that it also works great with headphones.

Trending Topics