Irig pro duo vs apogee one/ duet vs focusritw for iPad

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by TheKermitC, Mar 27, 2017.

1. TheKermitC

TheKermitC Member

guys I'm in for an iOS interface with 2 simultaneous inputs .... feature wise the Irig duo seems awesome .. is there a big sound difference when compared to the expensive apogee ?

2. earwax

earwax Supporting Member

3. Hurricane

Hurricane Member

I got the Irig Pro single channel . I wish I had waited for the duo . They both are great units .

I paid $200.00 a few months back for a new 2nd.Gen. Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 ,
    [​IMG]
    this is the same price an Irig Duo cost's .

With the Iphone camera adapter you can hook into any interface like the Focusrite/Steinberg/Behringer/Apollo/RME .

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

With this camera adapter ( $38.00 ) you can hook into an Iphone or IPad . This is what I will use to hook up to live social media live video streaming with
    high quality audio . With a power bank you can drive the Scarlett interface and make it a portable with a lot more meat on it than the Irig Duo .
    [​IMG]

This is what I have been building up for - live video / audio from off the grid in places like Death Valley and Joshua Tree in the Great Mojave Desert
    and other picturesque points of panoramic beauty . These power banks cost anywhere from $60.00 .

Dunno what I will use the Irig Pro X1 XLR/TRS/Midi - I hate when I blow $'s on something that a few months later is more or less obsolete :mad: .

EZ :

HR

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 4:31 PM
    earwax likes this.