Irig pro duo vs apogee one/ duet vs focusritw for iPad

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by TheKermitC, Mar 27, 2017.

1. TheKermitC

TheKermitC Member

guys I'm in for an iOS interface with 2 simultaneous inputs .... feature wise the Irig duo seems awesome .. is there a big sound difference when compared to the expensive apogee ?

2. earwax

earwax Member

interested as well.

3. Hurricane

Hurricane Member

I got the Irig Pro single channel . I wish I had waited for the duo . They both are great units .

I paid $200.00 a few months back for a new 2nd.Gen. Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 ,
    [​IMG]
    this is the same price an Irig Duo cost's .

With the Iphone camera adapter you can hook into any interface like the Focusrite/Steinberg/Behringer/Apollo/RME .

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

With this camera adapter ( $38.00 ) you can hook into an Iphone or IPad . This is what I will use to hook up to live social media live video streaming with
    high quality audio . With a power bank you can drive the Scarlett interface and make it a portable with a lot more meat on it than the Irig Duo .
    [​IMG]

This is what I have been building up for - live video / audio from off the grid in places like Death Valley and Joshua Tree in the Great Mojave Desert
    and other picturesque points of panoramic beauty . These power banks cost anywhere from $60.00 .

Dunno what I will use the Irig Pro X1 XLR/TRS/Midi - I hate when I blow $'s on something that a few months later is more or less obsolete :mad: .

EZ :

HR

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    earwax likes this.
  4. Hurricane

Hurricane Member

:cool:
    ¿ :dunnoSo what you end up with :dunno ?

I just got my portable power bank , it's not they same one pictured that I posted .

This is a better one that includes two A.C. outs as well as two more USB ports :aok

[​IMG]
    it can be recharged with the car battery or a solar rig besides the wall wort it comes with to charge of the A.C..

My Roland GR33 synth guitar module takes A.C. into it to trigger the CV ( C=control
    , V=voltage ) triggers in the Roland GR synth .

This solves me having to get an inverter to convert the DC volts to A.C for the Roland :dude

EZ :

The system I will run this with is not a heavy demand type amp eater so I think I'll end up with hours and hours of power
    to run my off the grid P.A.
    busking set up . It has it's own lithium battery .

My P.A. pumps out 150 Watts RMS
    THD @ 0.05% it is a FRFR P.A. The synth sounds - electric guitar sounds with both
    their FX sound equally great . This also has my vocal in the equation too with state of the art FX all playing out really good at
    the same time as I loop/sing . The synth bass sounds are remarkably good to for this small set up :dude >

EZ :

HR

5. TheKermitC

TheKermitC Member

I ended up with Arturia Audiofuse.. neat

6. Hurricane

Hurricane Member

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice looking piece :dude