1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Iron Maiden - 4/2/09 - Florida

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by X - Road 28, Feb 15, 2009.

1. X - Road 28

X - Road 28 Member

Folks, to say that I am STOKED :RoCkIn to see these guys on the last show of the tour is an understatement.

Those of you that have seen them.. Please tell me I'm in for a great show.

Up The Irons !!

X

2. Sean French

Sean French Supporting Member

Enjoy the show.:dude
    I saw Maiden on their Piece Of Mind tour.
    I would dig seeing them today.

3. stratasaurus

stratasaurus Member

I saw them TWICE on this tour. I also saw them a bunch a times during the 80's. They are just as good, if not better then they ever were. Bruce's voice is in top form and the rest of the boys can still bring the goods.

The stage set is pretty awesome too. I think you will be in for a real treat. On this last leg of the tour they are going to add a few more songs from the first few albums and drop some of the late 80's stuff that they did on the first couple legs of the tour when I saw them.

The highlight of the show though has got to be Rime Of The Ancient Mariner. This is probably the last tour that they will play this song too.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  4. madaxeman

madaxeman Member

Your in for a killer show. My son took me to see them in Philly as a fathers day gift last year and I don't think I was ever as blown away by a show as this one.To see a group of middle aged guys running around like teenagers grinning from ear to ear and performing with total passion and fire was heartening and uplifting to say the least for a guy my age. Also to see all the kids there who were in diapers when some of these songs came out singing was along word for word was just amazing. It made me proud to be a middle aged guy who still loves to play slamming rock and roll and blazing solos.

5. Bankston

Bankston Member

Saw the sold out show in Houston and it was awesome. Bruce sings more consistently now than he did when he was younger.

I can't wait for them to come back and play some of the newer stuff, though. The last three albums have been killer, imo.

6. KazJY

KazJY Member

I want to go to this. I was going to, but I'd like to see my 2nd child be born right around then :) (I am stoked about that too).

I saw IM in Chicago (Rosemont) this tour. I can imagine the last show of this being a nice blowout, and I hear that they changed a few tunes in the setlist. I am jealous, and you need to report back to us like on 4/3/09 to let us know how it went!

7. jaevee14

jaevee14 Member

I've seen them three times and two of the times they were awesome, so odds are you're getting a good show.

8. akihiro

akihiro Member

Amazing show. They were my first concert I ever went to.

9. smallbutmighty

smallbutmighty Member

Saw them in Seattle on the Powerslave tour back in the day. Saw them again last year in Seattle on their current tour....this time I took the wife and kids. It's not often you get to spend years telling your kids about the best concert you've ever been to, and then actually get to show them for real.

You won't be disappointed.

ac

10. Garygtr

Garygtr Almost as good! Silver Supporting Member

Ya know, I gotta tell ya. I was never a fan of metal beyond the early 70's stuff, so obviously I have never been a Maiden fan or seen a concert. But I've managed to catch that Maiden concert they run on VH1 a couple times in the past month or so, and I must say-these guys are good. Damn good. Very impressed, to say the least. :RoCkIn

11. nnick

nnick Member

One of the best shows I have seen. 1999 on the Ed Hunter tour. They played in a venue much smaller than their usual. Opened with Aces High and right in to 2 Minutes to Midnight. I have yet to see them again but I hope to have the opportunity soon.