Iron Maiden Dual Unison Tone in a Pedal?

Phineas

So you know that signature tone when 2 seperate tracks or 2 guitarists play the same line eg. iron maiden? Can i get this tone in a pedal? i have an ehx hog but it comes nowhere close. any ideas?

duende

Silver Supporting Member
Just get a delay and set the time very short... like between 20 to 100 milliseconds. It's a common effect called doubling. Good for stereoizing too... just send each output to it's own amplifier.

blood5150

it sounds like you are looking for a harmonizer.... one that can do more than 3rds and 5ths like the HOG...

I dont know much out there except...

Boss Supershifter
Eventide rack stuff (way expensive)
Digitech Whammy pedal has some harmonizing on it....

I hope that eventually eventide will come out with a "pitchfactor" type stompbox... that would rule....

anyone else know of any others?

Atdi2000

Silver Supporting Member
The only way is if you are running a stereo rig with delay and harmonizer. The eventide rack stuff is the only stuff that will do it halfway convincingly.

Phineas

thanks for the replies guys. i'll try 3rds and 5ths w. my hog thru a delay and split it to 2 amps. nothing really comes close to the real thing i guess.

i think the heart of this sound is not only a slight delay but also a slight offset of the pitches produced by 2 independent signals.

Phineas

thanks for the replies guys. i'll try 3rds and 5ths w. my hog thru a delay and split it to 2 amps. nothing really comes close to the real thing i guess.

i think the heart of this sound is not only a slight delay but also a slight offset of the pitches produced by 2 independent signals.
yup - that got me close enough w. my fuzz factory + hog + dl4. thanks guys!!

Atdi2000

Silver Supporting Member
You could always play and save the lick you want to harmonize into the looper between songs a la Minus the Bears then kick the looper on for those sweet harmonized lines. There are a ton of sweet things you can do with the Hog, DL4, and a stereo rig. Just have fun being creative.

Phineas

just spent over an hour w. this new harmonized doubling effect. i'm loving this.

yeah the looper is a good one too - it's the real thing but i can't trust my band mates or even myself using that in a live situation.

Trending Topics