• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Iron Maiden last night ... Scream for me Detroit!!!

RichSZ

Gold Supporting Member
Wow...great show last night. Bruce's voice sounded great, the band was tight. Not the biggest fan of the newer Maiden stuff but I will say they chose somgs that were pretty good live. Of course, once they played a classic the crowd went nuts. Janick Gers even toned down his ridiculous stage antics...made for a much better show. Dave & Adrian were off the hook.

I'll give this one 4 out 5 stars. More classic hits and it would have easily been 5 out of 5.

:dude:dude:dude <--- I even did this last night during Number of the Beast!

-Rich

beckstriad

I'm frosting a cake with a paper knife
Double Platinum Member
That's my one criticism of Maiden: I don't love the newer stuff. Everything up to about "Piece of Mind" is excellent, but I can't deal with much after that. I'm glad you enjoyed the show. I would love to see them live.

Bankston

The post-reunion albums are as good as anything in their catalog, imo.

All three have been outstanding and I'm really looking forward to the new record.

I was glad to hear more recent material. I've heard the classic hits played live so many times now.

hazmat33

I saw the Cleveland show--my 10th time seeing them--1st time being the Somewhere in Time tour--and thought it was a great show all around.

I really enjoyed the setlist--the newer songs they played were good upbeat songs that kept the crowd pumped up. Good times!

That's my one criticism of Maiden: I don't love the newer stuff. Everything up to about "Piece of Mind" is excellent, but I can't deal with much after that. I'm glad you enjoyed the show. I would love to see them live.
You're missing out on their best album then.

Bill Brasky

God I hate Janick Gers. Why did they pick this annoying jackass to be in their band? Watching their concert on cable = two hours of :facepalm

He makes Malmsteen's stage antics seem subdued.

God I hate Janick Gers. Why did they pick this annoying jackass to be in their band? Watching their concert on cable = two hours of :facepalm

Here's my theory on Jan. After Dave came back with Adrian he didn't really have the heart to kick Jan out. There was no reason he still needed to be in the band, but there was also no real reason to kick him out. Yeah, his stage antics are annoying, but he can play really well. In the end, I think that matters most.

OldSchool

Bruce and the boys always seem to take care of themselves . No drugs or crazy ****. Maybe early on, but they all seem pretty fit. Good for them!

freedom's door

I used to feel the same way, but recently was watching some performances, and he's actually a good player when he's not busy showboating.
One of the luckiest guys in the biz IMO...

Did you catch Dream Theater? I used to really like them, but its been a few albums since i have made a connection to their music. Seems like they jumped on a midlife metal bandwagon that is too forced sounding(and looking)...

bemeyer

Just saw the Chicago show on Sunday. Was a great show!

I'm a huge DT fan and they were extremely energetic, and with only a 45 min set played more upbeat & rockin' tunes.

I was just feet from Janick and was cracking up at the 80's stage antics. The 3rd guitar makes the three-part harmonies sound killer, but other than that three guitarist is just too much IMO.

I was just amazed at the physical condition of the boys though....they put on a vibrant show from start to finish....and here I am in the audience about to keel over.....:bonk

Doug

I saw them in Pittsburgh last week. The setlist bummed me out a bit, but they played great. I wish they would have come here on the Somewhere Back in Time tour. :(

Look, I love Dave and Adrian. I still celebrate everything Maiden put out up through Seventh Son. I was pissed when Adrian left and gave up on them after hearing No Prayer for the Dying. It just wasn't the same to me. I didn't like Janick just because he upset the balance in my favorite band in my mind. :mad:

That being said, Dave and Adrian aren't great showmen, or at least they weren't when I saw them last week. I was on Janick's side of the stage and it was fun watching his antics. He seemed to be having a great time on stage. I do think it's cool that they didn't send him packing once Adrian came back. I'm a little older now and I don't bear any ill will toward him anymore. ;) :D

I agree that the post reunion stuff is pretty good, but it doesn't have the same meaning to me as the stuff I grew up on. I wore out everything from Number of the Beast through Seventh Son. Most of those songs are ingrained in my skull. :dude

I can't say I'm that optimistic about the new record though. El Dorado is ok, but Eddie Trunk played Final Frontier (the title track) last night on his XM show and I wasn't impressed at all. :(

JTM100

"Number of the Beast" was thier master piece as far as I am concerned. I remember buying when it first came out and just being blown away by it. I still am today. "Piece of Mind" and "Powerslave" are both amazing albums too. I wish they would come to FL on this tour. I saw them last year on the "Somewhere Back In Time " tour and they were absolutley great! I was about 20yds from the stage. I will always have a special/centimental connection to thier early records. But I really like thier new albums also. I think that the more progressive direction that they have taken the band in is working out really well.

geetarboy

Their last album, A Matter of Life and Death, is my favorite since Poweslave. I saw them as my first concert on the # of the Beast tour when I was 13, it's amazing that they are still bringing it all these years later.

That being said, Dave and Adrian aren't great showmen, or at least they weren't when I saw them last week. I was on Janick's side of the stage and it was fun watching his antics. He seemed to be having a great time on stage. I do think it's cool that they didn't send him packing once Adrian came back. I'm a little older now and I don't bear any ill will toward him anymore.
I never understood why so many people rip on Janick and for this reason especially.... he looks like he's having fun! He adds some flair to the stage (aside from Bruce running around and waving flags) and he never misses a beat. He's written some great songs over time and he shreds on a Strat.

Bankston

Here's a fact that'll blow up your skirt.

Janick has been a member of Iron Maiden for 20 years.
Adrian has been in the band for about 21 years between 2 stints.

That boggles my mind.

I've hated on Janick for a long time, but I'm actually used to him now and have grown to like him. He has made strong contributions to Maiden's writing team and he knows how to work a stage. I'd much rather see a guy like him perform than the shoegazers and statues in so many younger bands these days.

It's kinda cool when he and Adrian double a guitar solo live.

Bankston

]"Number of the Beast" was thier master piece as far as I am concerned.[/B] I remember buying when it first came out and just being blown away by it. I still am today. "Piece of Mind" and "Powerslave" are both amazing albums too. I wish they would come to FL on this tour. I saw them last year on the "Somewhere Back In Time " tour and they were absolutley great! I was about 20yds from the stage. I will always have a special/centimental connection to thier early records. But I really like thier new albums also. I think that the more progressive direction that they have taken the band in is working out really well.
It's hard to argue with that, especially since it has Maiden's 3 main signature songs on it. "Hallowed Be Thy Name" is my favorite Maiden track of all time. But they have so many great albums.

I love all 3 of the post-reunion records.

Trending Topics