Is $200 a good deal for a mint Zendrive?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by 20forSeven, Jan 14, 2006.

1. 20forSeven

20forSeven Member

I saw one last night on ebay with a buy it now price of $210. I was probably the first one to see it I thought about buying it but didn't. I checked back this morning and it was gone, I figured it would be at that price but either way that's a lot for a $150 pedal.

2. stratofied

stratofied Member

$210 now or $150 and three or four month wait.

3. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

Right now, yes, that seems like a good deal for what I have seen others go for.

4. drolling

drolling Member

I waited 25 years for a univibe, and now almost every manufacturer makes one..

People can talk economic theory (supply & demand) till the cows come home, but I'll never get the buyer's motivation to spend their hard earned money on something used when they could have a new one for a fraction of the price, plus a little patience.

What motivates the sellers, on the other hand, is something far easier for me to understand..

5. rh

rh Robo Sapien Noise Maker Gold Supporting Member

GAS is basically just greed--at least, when I'm being honest about my own motivation.

6. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

WOW... sadly agreed...... ahhh but isnt it great! ;)

7. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

I think it's one of the best overdrives I've ever played through. I think because of the wait, and if you are impatient it's worth it. Believe me it's one awesome sounding overdrive and I'm taking it with me on tour.

Shane Pasqualla
    WET ANIMAL
    http://www.wetanimal.net
    http://www.myspace.com/wetanimal

8. diatonicdude

diatonicdude Member

I guess for those who have the cash, $60 is nothing to satisfy their "must have it now" craving. It's the same with any sort after product. I remember when the mini Cooper cars were introduced by BMW. In the UK second hand cars were selling for more than the new ones!!!! It will always happen (supply and demand), and there will always be someone willing to pay top dollar.

Great pedal though:YinYang

DD

9. Seegs

Seegs Member

I got to play one and I was really glad I did because now I know that if needed to get it I would wait my turn...if you have to check one out now I'm sure you can get your money back if you didn't want to keep it...

Chow,
    Seegs

10. dzghia

dzghia Guest

I would wait or try another pedal. I've had a Zendrive and to my ear I didn't hear the "craze" people are talking about. It is a nice pedal but I think some things develop a certain hype for whatever the reasons. In this case it is suppose to give you a particular sound or maybe a particular guitarist is using one. But in my experience with my own gear and also others is no matter what we use we will all pretty much sound the same.

11. The Gainster

The Gainster Member

:confused:

12. Thwap

Thwap Silver Supporting Member

I wouldn't say that's true for myself. I'd say over the years I've been in many "ruts", and changing guitars does nothing to help. But a different effect will sometimes take me in a different direction, or inspire me to play differently than I normally would. I know your tone is in the fingers, but sometimes I need a kickstart for my brain:eek:

13. fjs1962

fjs1962 Silver Supporting Member

I think $200 for a used Zendrive is a great deal... if you're the seller ;)

14. dzghia

dzghia Guest

Nice clips Gainster! I think hearing the tonal differences between pedals is something that is pretty clear to differenciate. Especially in a music store and certainly between a fuzz and a OD. I was speaking of our local musicians who no matter what they try they always manage to dial in their "own" sound. We have some really top notch players here and some use different rigs for different shows. Their comments are the same as my own, they sound the same on all their gear. This doesn't apply to everyone of course but I think a lot of us after a while find our own tone and it is hard to sound any other way.