Is a Dumble amp a Fender copy, sort of?

diagrammatiks

yeah kind of. if fender took the best black they ever made and successfully implemented a pre-post preamp gain control and a master volume and made it not terrible.

Blanket Jackson

is Tio's favorite
Silver Supporting Member
Isn't everything a Fender copy to some degree? Maybe Leo wasn't first, but his innovations still rule the battlefield

diagrammatiks

Not a fan huh?

:rotflmao
lol huh? I'm saying if fender did that right it would be kind of like a dumble.

I'm not aware of a bf fender that ever had a properly implented preamp drive control or master volume. That's usually the first thing removed.

Rena Rune

Dumbles are pretty much modded Fenders, as were a lot of amps. Amps have become a bit more removed from the Fender circuit nowadays, since Dumbles are "More so" Fender copies by a good mile, but then again they've been made since the 60s anyway.

teefus

on a tangent note, and to a degree, isn't a trainwreck express kind of like a fender preamp section with a marshall style power amp section?

Blue Strat

If you ignore the uniquely voiced overdrive channel which is really the only reason to own a Dumble, then yes, they're just like Fenders :D

shark_bite

I've heard this LPB-1 thing before, but with a Bandmaster. Supposing I have a 64 Bandmaster, and I go out and buy the EH pedal. Does that REALLY get me that close to a Dumble in terms of tone and feel?

I'm not betting money on it... but it's a $40 pedal. Maybe I should give it a try.

amc

If you ignore the uniquely voiced overdrive channel which is really the only reason to own a Dumble, then yes, they're just like Fenders :D
i would have to disagree with this statement.

speaking for myself, i find the clean channel worth the price of admission on my dumble-based amps.

like the best blackface fender you've ever heard, ever................

just my 2 cents

frank62

Guys it's the old LPB-1 box that pluged into the amp input, not the newer pedal. This cheap little box will get you very close to the Dumble sound thru any good Fender amp.

diagrammatiks

Guys it's the old LPB-1 box that pluged into the amp input, not the newer pedal. This cheap little box will get you very close to the Dumble sound thru any good Fender amp.

ya but all I'm saying is I'd still own the dumble cuz like then I'd have 30,000.
if I had the bf and lpb I'd only have like 2000. :(.

shark_bite

What do you mean by "the Dumble sound" anyway though? Dumble OD? I like Dumble cleans, and I'm only so-so impressed with the OD sounds... they're not for everyone. But the cleans, holy cow.

Trending Topics