Is a Plexi good for anything besides Hard Rock or Metal?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by scott1568, Jul 29, 2009.

1. soldano16

soldano16 Member

My buddy was hugelpressed with how versatile my '72 Super Lead is. As he said,

"hey - you can even play country with this amp". He was Super impressed at the range of the amp. I use an Ultimate Attenuator to control volume and run the amp way up.

She cooks.

2. soldano16

soldano16 Member

You kick most serious ass. WOW!

Here's my '72.

[​IMG]

3. PeeCee

PeeCee Member

I've got a plexi JTM50 that goes from in-your-face raunch to the prettiest, woodiest cleans I've ever heard in my life. Metal is probably the only type of music I WOULDN'T use it for...

4. Balok

Balok Member

I run a '72 bone clean with pedals. Awesome rock tones.
    Country. surf, jazz, blues or f*cking opera - anything you want in spades. Gorgeous, full shimery sound.
    Marshalls in general are misunderstood. I've brought a 100 watt half stack to wedding gigs and eyebrows always go up. "Oh no - its goona be all loud and distorted - after all... it's a Marshall"
    NONSENSE.
    It's just a beautifully designed and built tube audio amplifier with a ton of possibilites.

5. Kitarist

Kitarist Member

Yea and it loves pedals!!! Thanks to the simple circuit :D :D

6. fr8_trane

fr8_trane Supporting Member

Yup Grissom delivered beautiful roots rock textures with a PRS and a plexi. Amazing tone from a great player.

EJ's dirty rhythm tone is a plexi on 7. AC/DC, Allman bros and humble pie are some other examples of tasty, mid gain, classic rock plexi goodness

Plexi + fuzz and/or treble booster = Hendrix, Beck, Iommi and Blackmore. The gainiest example of a NMV plexi known to man is found on the first 2 VH albums.

Its the perfect (classic, roots, punk, hard) rock amp. It can deliver surprisingly sweet cleans, amazing mid gain tones, Punk rock raunch and even heavier rock tones with a little help from boosters.