Is a TRS speaker cable safe to use for amps?

Hey guys!

Just grabbed a lot of speaker cables (needed a few extra) and I see that one of the cables has Neutrik TRS ends 1/4" ends rather than Mono ends.

Will this cable be safe to use for head to cab connections? Will it simply not use the second path?

Thanks!

Eric

LensOfMadness

I think the only problem you'd run into is if you have a cab wired with a switching jack to run either mono or stereo. In that case it could be bad.

JCM 800

I'd double check that it is actually a speaker cable. I haven't seen a TRS speaker cable myself. Best not to use something that is unknown.

Appreciate the input...I think I might just return the stuff...I'm feeling very safe using it with my amps..

If anyone else has some for sure answers, I'd love to hear them!

Eric

stinkfoot

It depends on why there's a TRS plug there. Is it the same in both ends? Are you sure it is actually a speaker cable, and not a balanced line cable?

For a speaker cable, a TRS won't make any sense (as you'd need four separate contacts to run two signals through the same cable/plug). So without knowing how it is wired, it is not possible to give a for sure answer :)

/Andreas

Trending Topics