• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Is aBoss Blues Driver made for Humbuckers?

teleman55

Had one of these laying around for a few years and it never did much for me. I usually play a Tele, sometimes a Strat. Went to rehearse for a Gospel Music project and took an Ibanez Artcore I recently got. Something told me to take the BD. It sounded real nice. Is this a humbucker kinda pedal? Was plugged into a Deluxe Reverb for reference.

Simto

I think they sound way better with hums.
It's a matter of taste because i think it's way better with Single Coil :)

Although.. i only use it with a very low gain setting.. at higher gain settings it sounds way better on Humbuckers if you ask me.

Wooley

It sounds great with my SG ('buckers).

I have not tried it with my strat.

I should add that I have the Keeley-modded version.

myTakamine

The BD seems to have a mixed reputation, but I found that I liked its dirty blues sound. But given this thread to think about it, I realize that I've only used HBs with it. Gotta try the single coils now...

not ALL my pedals sound good with single coils (I play one strat, the rest are buckers) but the blues driver sounded great with buckers and single coils

PatrickE_FenderADV

Silver Supporting Member
I only play single coils and I think the BD-2 works great... but with a lot of tweaking.

As SIMTO said, lower gain settings with a higher level setting. I use both a BD2 and a TS9... they are great pedals.

Trending Topics