Is amp modeling ethical?

Is amp modeling ethical?

• No, you're cheating the listener and simulating what should be real

Votes: 13 4.5%
  • Whatever it takes, convenience and budget trumps all.

Votes: 164 56.7%
  • Await John Mayer's thoughts

Votes: 112 38.8%

• Total voters

KenG

Is it ethical to use tubes that are made in countries with little to no environmental laws due to the toxic processes required? Or amps that are highly inefficient and waste most of the energy they use as heat?
What exactly do you mean by ethical?

eclecto-acoustic

Supporting Member
Fundamentally a different product. At least with the way we've set up our IP system, I think we can pretty safely say that there is no ethical quandary surrounding modelling so long as the appropriate trademarks and copyright laws are adhered to.

Well - modeling has surpassed old technology like tube amps and transistor based pedals. It is not just a matter of convenience and budget. It's just better in so many ways.

Whether it is ethical or what mr. Mayer thinks of it dosen't really matter to me.

OPENYOUREYES

Well - modeling has surpassed old technology like tube amps and transistor based pedals. It is not just a matter of convenience and budget. It's just better in so many ways.

Whether it is ethical or what mr. Mayer thinks of it dosen't really matter to me.
um....why is modeling always trying to copy/emulate old tech then and coming close but no cigar????? It tells me old tech is still prefered.

Last edited:

Trending Topics