• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Is anyone else not a fan of 335s?

27sauce

I want to like them, I love how they sound, I love how they look, I love how they play...sitting down.

Anytime I’ve owned one and gigged with it, they’ve felt awkward.

I grew up playing a Les Paul. The knobs on the ES are too far away, the switch is in the wrong place...

I’ve owned them and I’m sure I’ll own another...

sunking101

I want to like them, I love how they sound, I love how they look, I love how they play...sitting down.

Anytime I’ve owned one and gigged with it, they’ve felt awkward.

I grew up playing a Les Paul. The knobs on the ES are too far away, the switch is in the wrong place...

I’ve owned them and I’m sure I’ll own another...
I love the look and sound but my LPs and strat are nicer to play. I just don't enjoy playing my 335 and I don't know why. The neck is great and the action is great but the overall feeling is one of 'meh'.

pepedede

I've tried, I really have. I had a renecked 68' es335tdc, trapeze tail with wolfetone legends. It had sd JB's in both positions when I bought it.

Owned it two years and it just always felt awkward for me, the curved top, string tension, but higher fret access is good and they do sound great. My motorave belaire is just as big, but doesn't feel that awkward and does what I want in a semi- hollow.

Benz2112

Memba?
Gold Supporting Member
Tried to love one for a year, I liked the way it looked, but it just didn't do it for me. I do not bond well with Gibson humbucker guitars, I have liked to love both P90 guitars Ive owned.

pepedede

I will get hung, drawn and quartered for this but I can't get why people would want a bigger, more fragile Les Paul that's a pain to work on (electronics).

Unless its lighter.

They really are different to a les paul in sound and feel. There's a lot of crossover, obviously with the duel himbucker pickups, but any semi-hollow will be different to a sold body just by nature.

rmconner80

Cantankerous Luddite
Gold Supporting Member
Yep I don’t dig them either. I’d rather play a Les Paul or a full hollow (ES-295 for example) than the 335, which is arguably trying to be both.

They are great, classic guitars, I’ve found they are just not for me.

Yamaha 350

I love the look and sound but my LPs and strat are nicer to play. I just don't enjoy playing my 335 and I don't know why. The neck is great and the action is great but the overall feeling is one of 'meh'.
I find they are to big for me and I dislike big body guitars. But I own a really great semi hollow Gibson Back To The future clone. I also love the others as well. The Greg Bennet single cut style, Guild, Luna 335 style, and the Daisy Rock small body Bangles semi hollow guitar. I love the Yamaha and Washburn. And old semi hollow clones. And I have and love the 1 Gibson clone because I collect and play, and wanted it. But they do have a few issues with me.

Last edited:

indeedido

Silver Supporting Member
Try as I might I just can't bond with my 335 and it's my third time of trying these guitars.
I love my LPs and love my strat but I just can't seem to feel the magic with a 335. Am I alone in this? I mean, I'm supposed to like these aren't I? :confused:
Is it the feel of the big body or is it the tone of the pickups you don't like? I love mine, the feel, the tone, all of it. Just like any guitar, if you don't dig the pickups you won't dig the guitar.

Trending Topics