• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Is bare mahogany on a neck bad?

Rockinrob86

Silver Supporting Member
My 99 les paul has started to show some bare wood on the neck. I was wondering if this is really bad for the guitar or just as long as I dont let standing water sit on it (put it in the case wet from sweaty playing or something) will it be okay?

Mudder

An unfinished neck can have humidity issues, but if you're just talking about wearing through the finish, I don't think that should pose any functional problems.

It's the best thing that can happen to a LP neck.

You should be celebrating. :)
Pretty humid in that part of Florida - less fluctuations in temperature and humidity than most places. I think you're ok - just keep a steady eye on the neck, check it out every couple weeks for movement.

I don't find raw 'hog silky like maple is. If you don't like the feel, lay on a smidge of nitro as it will marry up with the existing finish great. Oil will not.

Trending Topics