Is Dispatch Master worth it if I'm mainly using reverb only or should I go with a WET, etc.?

Cream

Not The Brightest Member
Silver Supporting Member
Just like the title says, I already have a delay that I love so the Dispatch Master will primarily be for a compact reverb at the end of my Pedaltrain Nano+. Space is an issue, so my Golden Reverberator won't be joining me on this board.

I know people rave about the Dispatch Master, calling it a modern classic, and I recently saw it was on Bukovac's fly board so naturally I'm inclined to want it, but I'm just wondering if I'm better off with a WET or something similar if reverb is my main goal?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Sammicus15

Silver Supporting Member
I love and use the Dispatch Master and briefly owned a WET.

From what I remember, the WET can do longer reverb tails, but I prefer the more natural yet big sound of the DM by a lot. I also pretty much only use the reverb on the DM.

Purple_Plexi

Listen to some demos and see what you like the sound of more. Both are some of the sweetest sounding reverbs IMO. Personally, I'd go with Neunaber for a dedicated reverb pedal.

jorricustom

DM is beautiful and its delay component can add to the reverb without sounding too delay-ey. I.e. the delay/verb combo effect rather than excelling at either.. But that said, its one type, you get what you get, its a bit like an amp's verb knob but to an extreme and with delay added.

There are different versions of wet. You could go with an Immerse which will give you more variety on verb and a verb + echo mode if you want a verb/delay mix. The immerse doesn't have as great of control over the delay portion though.

My favorite thing about the DM is the way the delay oscillates, because it repeats and morphs, but does not get out of control at all.

I use it on my board specifically for that reason, to create a wash I can manipulate and play with.

osGsHW4h.jpg

If I were only going to use it for just verb, I'd choose something else.

brs928

Silver Supporting Member
If you are just looking for reverb, I would skip the DM. It's a great pedal, but really excels when you have the delay added - to give you those washy, ambient sounds.
For a straight up reverb in a compact package, I would look at the MXR M300, Neunaber Immerse, or Neunaber Stereo WET (Make sure it's the stereo Wet, so that you can experiment by loading various Neunaber algorithms).

Purple_Plexi

Make sure it's the stereo Wet, so that you can experiment by loading various Neunaber algorithms

I also read that the Stereo/Slate/Expanse pedals sound better than the Immerse pedals. Only have experience with stereo Neunabers myself.

Oscillate is the wrong word for it. Cranking repeats up to max will create a long repeating wash under your playing, each subsequent repeat is darkened, eventually it'll fade, but it takes a while.

I love the way moving the Time knob on it sounds :)

Baelzebeard

I have an Immerse, and a DM, and they are both amazing.
The Immerse is more versatile if you need multiple settings, or I use it as an always on reverb.

The DM however simply sounds amazing no matter where you set the knobs, but in my opinion is best used dialed way up to heavy ambience.

So, it depends how you want to use it.

Cream

Not The Brightest Member
Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for your thoughts, folks. I purchased an Immerse MkII today. Will circle back to the Dispatch Master and shoot them out when I get a chance. Got too many dang pedals right now. Need to unload some.

Spider Mark

Just my tuppence...

I bought a DM because I didn't know anything at all about either reverb or delay - and loved it.

So I bought an Avalanche Run as a stereo DM... which it isn't. Then an Afterneath (and now another with exp pedal) to supplement. Then a Fender Reflecting Pool for delay and reverb, then a Strymon Volante (the Spring is delightful), a Meris Polymoon and Mercury 7, an EHX Canyon, Alexander History Lesson and DT Polara.

Guess what I have gone back to?

Steve Y.

Supporting Member
I own both, and I like both, but for a dedicated reverb unit I’d go with Immerse (either mki or mkii). You get more versatility in reverb type, reverb trails when bypassing the pedal, and stereo in/out if you need it.

Coheed

Silver Supporting Member
Just my tuppence...

I bought a DM because I didn't know anything at all about either reverb or delay - and loved it.

So I bought an Avalanche Run as a stereo DM... which it isn't. Then an Afterneath (and now another with exp pedal) to supplement. Then a Fender Reflecting Pool for delay and reverb, then a Strymon Volante (the Spring is delightful), a Meris Polymoon and Mercury 7, an EHX Canyon, Alexander History Lesson and DT Polara.

Guess what I have gone back to?
…don’t leave me hanging…which one?:hide

louisnd

If you don't need a 100% wet reverb, its amazing.
Plus since you already have a delay, you can use it as a reverb only and fine tune the depth/modulation of the reverb.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom