Is Gibson going out of business?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter

Silver Supporting Member
As for Gibson? I posted on another thread that Gibson has a hard road ahead. And I see nothing to dissuade me from that thought. They will still have over $130m in debt to service, numerous supply chains likely to be at minimum disrupted by their default if not destroyed, a disgruntled workforce, a saturated market, same polluted middle management, etc, etc. Not to mention a bankruptcy agreement that is not cast in stone.

Far from a done deal in either direction.

hunter

WordMan

Silver Supporting Member
Seriously, unless you are on Gibson’s Board of Directors, you don’t know what direction they are truly heading. Every opinion is based on supposition.

Companies with financial trouble have a number of directions the can go but all all boil down to a decision to fix, sell or bust. Companies will blow smoke up every credotor’s butt while they weigh the options including press releases like Gibson has already done.

While early indications point to selling off selected companies in their portfolio to better concentrate on their core business, you could easily substitute “sell” for “concentrate on” and follow the same script. They could just be putting some lipstick on the pig to make it more attractive at the market.

Simply put, only Gibson’s Board know where this is going.
Not quite correct. The Board has empowered the Chief Restructuring Officer, who is facilitating decisions through the courts and with the new investors, who could be KKR per the post above.

The CRO has a plan in place we are learning about through filings over time.

Husky

Yes but in your case it was more like crying wolf. There was no harassment so the statement doesn’t apply. How the statement would work is there is one scam artist there are many more.
"Where there is smoke there is fire."

One of the most untrue statements ever. I learned this two decades ago when a woman in our company falsely accused me of sexual harassment in an attempted money-making scheme. I hardly knew her (she was a fairly new employee) and I had done nothing more than exchange occasional small-talk with her in passing. One day, I was hauled into boss's office where a couple of corporate lawyers set upon me and handed me an official complaint made by the woman. I sat there - dumbfounded and mortified - as I read the details of a completely fictional verbal exchange I supposedly had with her (with no witnesses, of course). Initially, no one was interested in hearing me say "it never happened". Many of my co-workers assumed I was guilty of something, because "where there is smoke there is fire". Such BS. Ultimately, as more details emerged about this woman and her unbalanced nature, I kept my job, and she didn't get a penny, nor did she work there long.

Where there is smoke, it is often between the ears of the person who smells it.

Slyib

I had coffee coming out of my nose after reading this one. Well played! Lol.

Are the pre-Chapter 11 Gibsons going to worth more than the post Chapter 11 Gibsons? You know broke guitar players will grasp at anything they can use to artificially inflate value.

edro

I would guess the Corkerazis are already convening and drawing up proposals on terminology and talking points....

HERSCHEL

Here you go. Name is left out.....not trying to get anyone in trouble....just trying to confirm the Gibson thing.

"I just wanted to make sure you know that I am here to help. I am your GO TO guy.

As a professional musician for 20 years, I can always offer knowledge and help with great deals.

By getting back to me directly every time, you help me to be successful in creating the best service possible. Please let me know directly if you need anything, ever.

GIBSON IS GOING OUT OF BUSINESS.

They are also doing 36 months no interest!"
What, no mention of purchasing directly from the back of their delivery truck?

onemoretime

Not quite correct. The Board has empowered the Chief Restructuring Officer, who is facilitating decisions through the courts and with the new investors, who could be KKR per the post above.

The CRO has a plan in place we are learning about through filings over time.
Read what you just said. The CRO is appointed by the board and “facilitating” the decisions the board is making with regard to reorganization. The CRO is merely the interface between the board and the courts. Gibson is not in receivership nor is the CRO court appointed.

guitarman3001

There won’t be any as the kid simply wants attention from a typical Gibson post:fisticuffs
:worthless
If you trolls are so sure I invented this whole thing, why don't you put your money where your mouth is?

You up for it? I take the time to screen shot and upload the image of the email, you PayPal me $300.

You're so sure I made it up, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.