1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Is It Necessary To Ground A Hardtail Bridge On A Strat?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by dumb donnie, Feb 2, 2005.

1. dumb donnie

dumb donnie Member

I think the subject sums it up, do you need to have a ground wire going to the hardtail bridge?

2. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Administrator Staff Member

3. BPlexico

BPlexico Gold Supporting Member

4. GuitslingerTim

GuitslingerTim Member

Why?

5. Chiba

Chiba Gold Supporting Member

If you think a Strat hums normally, wait til you hear one with no ground wire to the bridge. I don't know the exact 'why', but I think it has something to do with completing the ground circuit to the ... uh, ground. Through you, maybe. John or Jim?

--chiba