Is it possible to install bullet trust rod nut?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by soma89, Feb 5, 2015.

1. soma89

soma89 Member

I have a strat with a asian neck, big headstock. It just needs that 70's bullet tip.

Would it be easy to remove the trust rod nut it currently has (regular style, burried about an inch inside the neck from headstock) and screw on a fender bullet nut?

Thx
    [​IMG]

2. Blue4Now

Blue4Now Gold Supporting Member

Hmmm very interesting question. Love the bullet truss rod nut on my AVRI thinline

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  3. Ron Kirn

Ron Kirn Gold Supporting Member

yes it can be done.. by a very skilled luthier... the hole has to be bored out to ⅜ inch// doing that without the proper tools is gonna leave you with something you don't wanna look at far more than ya don't wanna look at no bullet nut there..

It's kinda like buying a Ferrari, if ya gotta ask how much, it's too much.. similarly, if ya gotta ask about the Bullett, ya probably should fuhgiddaboudit..

Ron Kirn

4. Iron Guns T

Iron Guns T Member

Just out of interest, is this for aesthetic reasons or is there any practical advantage....I've never had a bullet truss rod?

5. soma89

soma89 Member

Strictly aesthetic. Just wanted the fender 70s look.

6. mellecaster

mellecaster Member

If Ya want that True 70s vibe...don't forget to really loosen up that Neck to Body fit like this 72 Jag I had in the Shop awhile back...and that Dime was kinda loose (just funnin w/ you)

[​IMG]