Is it really possible to...

kldonegan

...tell wether or not somebody "gigs" based upon the neatness/cleanliness/tidiness of their board? I saw a comment in the pedalboard thread saying basically that, so I think we should put it to the test. Somebody post one and somebody else pass gigging/bedroom judgement on them. If possible, pass judgement before clicking any myspace links. Judge the book only by it's cover!

kldonegan

Do I gig? What kind of gigging do I do?

3465827513_8eb618652f_b.jpg

Just1more

Silver Supporting Member
I've seen top players show up with their pedals in a cardboard box, lay them on the floor, & wire up.
Another top player being set up by their tech with very tidy, neat pedalboards. Point is, it doesn't indicate anything, tidy, or messy.

kldonegan

U2 kind of music?

Not generally, but sometimes it's called for.

I've seen top players show up with their pedals in a cardboard box, lay them on the floor, & wire up.
Another top player being set up by their tech with very tidy, neat pedalboards. Point is, it doesn't indicate anything, tidy, or messy.

Exactly. All a picture tells you is what a person is using... not where, when, how often or how many people they use it in front of. Let the games continue!

StratManKudzu

I think you can't tell, that's like trying to determine if a car get's driven by how clean/unclean it looks, some people have a different preference in regards to board care.

kldonegan

I can just see it now, The Melvins polishing their pedals before and after a show.

The object of the question isn't Melvin's habits, it's wether or not you'd look at Melvin's perfectly polished pedalboard and pass quick judgement on his gigging habits. Maybe Melvin polishes his pedals AND gigs a ton.

And, just to clarify, that post I refer to wasn't pointed at me. I'm not defending myself, just wanted to open the discussion.

My personal pedalboard habit is to design one, wire it and use it til I change it. Dirt and all.

M

Member 995

The object of the question isn't Melvin's habits, it's wether or not you'd look at Melvin's perfectly polished pedalboard and pass quick judgement on his gigging habits. Maybe Melvin polishes his pedals AND gigs a ton.

lemelvins.jpg

seiko

...tell wether or not somebody "gigs" based upon the neatness/cleanliness/tidiness of their board? I saw a comment in the pedalboard thread saying basically that, so I think we should put it to the test. Somebody post one and somebody else pass gigging/bedroom judgement on them. If possible, pass judgement before clicking any myspace links. Judge the book only by it's cover!

More from the size of the board and the positioning of the pedals. Some people have stuff laid out in a way that suggests that that it would be impossible to hit accurately on a low-light stage without kicking on another pedal. But.... whatever... it's not a big deal either way.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom