• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Is it safe to run Timmy at 18v?

ianb

Hi fellow gearheads,

I like to run my od's at 18v, but I'm not sure if it is safe with my newly acquired Timmy. The manual isn't really clear on this issue, it refers to 9v. only.

Mind you, I think the Timmy already sounds great at 9v, but I might want to give 18v a try, and I certainly wouldn't want to fry it by accident, as it does now sit next to a few that run on 18v.

Anyone out there who can tell me more?

ianb

Bump.

I'd still like to hear from more people who have tried this.

Thanks!

Do a search and you will find a thread with the title "Timmy at 18 volts". I started that thread and no less then Paul C himself said it was safe.

TG

ianb

Do a search and you will find a thread with the title "Timmy at 18 volts". I started that thread and no less then Paul C himself said it was safe.

TG
I did a search before posting (of course!) but that one didn't come up. Do you have link for me? Thanks.

ruger9

Silver Supporting Member
I found the Timmy @18V to be smoother. It's a great sound. I have my Timmy @9V and stock dipswitch settings (uncompressed, not smooth, more amp-like), but have a 2nd on on order specifically to run @18V and one dipswitch down (smoother & slightly compressed)... I tried this with my current Timmy, and it sounds & feels alot like my FD2 @18V, and might knock the FD2 off my board. We'll see.

ianb

I found the Timmy @18V to be smoother. It's a great sound. I have my Timmy @9V and stock dipswitch settings (uncompressed, not smooth, more amp-like), but have a 2nd on on order specifically to run @18V and one dipswitch down (smoother & slightly compressed)... I tried this with my current Timmy, and it sounds & feels alot like my FD2 @18V, and might knock the FD2 off my board. We'll see.
Thanks for your response, very helpful!

Hugo Da Rosa

Gold Supporting Member
Not quite there...but I run my Tim at 12v and it sounds a LOT smoother. It starts to reach TS territory when it gets to that amount of smoothness but man it sure sounds great. So at the least, if you feel uncomfortable running it at 18v, it sure works at 12v and sounds great there too.

Trending Topics