(Is it true love?) New guitar honeymoon period typically ends after:

New guitar honeymoon period typically ends after:

• Total voters
Have 3 guitars that I play every day, it's been 1.5 years and the streak continues.

Normally none of my stuff I'm bored with or I just sell it and put the money into what I'll use.

Bertiman

Ok folks.... I changed the title to be a bit more clear. What I'm getting at is it true love or just the honeymoon phase?

Sometimes it doesn't end- I bought my #1 in '87 and am still head over heels for it.That's what I'd call true love.
But for most other guitars I think it's more a matter of playing hours than simple passage of time. And with a few the honeymoon was over very quickly. I generally choose carefully but sometimes you don't discover a certain guitar doesn't really suit you until you've spent some time together.

T Dizz

After the first ding it's all over..
3 threads are started about how to get the dent out, steam it?? drop paint in it?? contact the company??:eek::eek::eek::eek:
Then it goes on the Emporium as "minty" .o_O

swiveltung

.... when I realize I still take my old Strat to the gig and too lazy to take two.
or
I take two, play the new one for one song and cant get the old Strat back on quick enough...

That begs the question, what is it?

PRS Standard. All mahogany, no maple cap. Tons of personality. And very different from my other three PRSs. There's something magical in the combination of the sparkly snap from the T&B pickups with the rich woody warmth of the mahogany that gives the guitar an amazing voice. Neck is incredibly lively; the slightest tap behind the headstock sets the whole guitar quivering. After nearly thirty years I still sometimes get this silly grin playing her.

Tim Plains

No set time period for me. Like woman, each guitar is different. Some get better and better while others you can't wait for them to GTFO.

TJontheRoad

Just Wanna Be Misunderstood
Gold Supporting Member
No honeymooning for me. I never marry a guitar. I prefer extended affairs.

spayne99

Typically until I put the new guitar down and play my Telecaster again, and realize that the Tele already does a pretty great job of sounding like the new guitar I bought for whatever reason I bought it for.

Rockin J

I think I have found the best guitar in the World.
But then I just can't be faithful after the honeymoon.
I live in guitar cheating sin and shame.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom