Is Marshall going to release anything new ever?

maxbrothman

So remind me again what you're driving?

BTW, thanks for finally understanding that what I can get with a two-channel Friedman I would need 5 or 6 Marshalls and a bunch of pedals to duplicate. That confirms that I made the right choice to ditch the DSLs and fill my needs with a single amp instead of a hodge-podge of amps, dirt pedals, EQ pedals, etc..

jeztone

As a genuine question, do you think the sale of branded merchandise devalues the brand overall? People buy Marshall branded T-shirts, no one complains. The reason all the other amp competitors don’t make fridges is because no one would buy them, not because it’s an inherently bad product.

Marshall is recognisable to non-musicians, so they make headphones or fridges and sell them.
Yes.

I think they’ve lost their way. The market is now geared towards pedals and modellers. Marshall don’t have a Helix type product or a high end drive pedal Ala Friedman. I just think they need new management badly.

Dangnome

Wow what an interesting thread. I think Marshall have nailed it with their vintage reissue and SV/SC lines.
I get they cost a more in the States but as others have mentioned they’re priced competitively outside of the US and represent good value in Europe and Australia.
As a previous owner of a reissue 1959SLP, I got sucked into the forum hype it was an inferior product and there was a “better Marshall to be had’ elsewhere. IMHO now currently owning a Friedman Smallbox I’d say to anyone, if you want/love the classic 70’s metal panel or JCM800 (2203/2204) tone, don’t hesitate get a reissue Marshall. I’ve had over the journey a 1986 & 2204 (still have) and the reissues are good. I hope this doesn’t come across as a knock on the Smallbox, I like it cause it’s different but sometimes you just gotta stump up the cash to get the real thing.

Fredrocks

I bought 2 410hjs recently.. If space is not an issue with the attenuators/cab ir like ox which i own it s funnier to play 100 watt.. And maybe last Marshall s are not the best amp out of there but mine is an incredible amp that can stand beside everything you can say.
I bought my hjs in 2017. I am playing mine through a Captor X 16, and this combination just destroys the little amps. This is one great Marshall--actually many in one box--especially if you do the negative feedback mod: for a few bucks you can change the feedback to get the power tube distortion like each of the MANY Marshall amps in the one box. BTW the mod is reversable.

RhoadsStudent

I bought my hjs in 2017. I am playing mine through a Captor X 16, and this combination just destroys the little amps. This is one great Marshall--actually many in one box--especially if you do the negative feedback mod: for a few bucks you can change the feedback to get the power tube distortion like each of the MANY Marshall amps in the one box. BTW the mod is reversable.
funny you mention valvestats, I just got a 8040 for near to nothing $50 and by coincidence some guy in the Navy told me he had to leave his 8080 combo behind and gave it to me...I thought these amps must suck but when I plugged into them I was shocked, they sound great, now I want to try the hjs in at rehearsal room near by.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom