Is Marshall going to release anything new ever?

tinverse

I was thinking this the other day. It seems like people are starting to recognize the JVM410H is a good amp. They need to move on to a new flagship. I actually think they should hire Friedman or Metropoulos to help with the design.

jbreher

For those whining about price on Marshall amps: Thomann ships Marshall to the USA.

You gotta make sure line voltage is compatible (several of the flagships have a voltage selector on the back panel).

That is all.

GG2k2k

Marshall has been missing the mark for a while … great product but marketing bad -or- bad product w/hype marketing. They just can’t find a way to make a hit or a great product at a reasonable price point.

blacknoizemachine

Gold Supporting Member
An updated JVM would be great. Maybe integrate some of the changes that were added to Satriani JVM: make the gain more usable over its full range (OD1/OD2), built in noise gate, choke. Also, bias test points and adjustment on the back panel ferchrisakes.

I think the SV/SC20 are about as close as we're going to go to the low-wattage all-tube versions of these while still retaining the sound/feel. Something like Suhr's PT15 with built in reactive load and IR, might be the better lower-volume path.

guitarbilly74

Silver Supporting Member
For those whining about price on Marshall amps: Thomann ships Marshall to the USA.

You gotta make sure line voltage is compatible (several of the flagships have a voltage selector on the back panel).

That is all.
They do not.

thomann.jpg

Pizzaking

My guess is that the next new Marshall amps will be something similar to Fender’s Tone Master series.

jenksdrummer

Marshall as a brand is selling so many gimmicks like radio alarms and stuff like that. This accounts for 90% of their revenue. The 10% for amps and cabs is therefore not their core business anymore. I wouldn’t spend more resources into an over saturated market segment either considering that the gimmick products sell so well.
Reminds me of Gibson before they nearly went under.

Thinline Tele

I'd love to see a JTM45 circuit added to the 20w Studio series with KT66 tubes and a PPMV. A combo version would be a mini Bluesbreaker. My Bluesbreaker RI is my favorite amp to play, until I have to move it. I would definitely buy a 20w combo. I already have a SV20H and it's great but, as has been noted, is very loud in 20 watt mode and still quite loud at 5 watts. They really should have a PPMV on these. It would make them more useable.

Last edited:

Don McK

Silver Supporting Member
Funny thing is, as much as folks have lauded the Tonemaster series, and would gobble up a Tweed Bassman TM like pancakes at a fat camp, I think a Plexi TM would have the OPPOSITE effect. Folks would whine 'How could you DO this to a classic amp?', while AGAIN at the same heap praise upon Marshall if they put the classic 'Guv'nor' pedal in one of those mini heads with a 'Shredmaster' option to footswitch between the two.

Nah. Marshall's biggest competitors are Friedman, Ceriatone, Germino and anyone who makes a halfway decent MIAB pedal.
The Tonemaster concept might be like electric Ford F-150. Here it comes whether you like it or not.

80smetalhead

Ozone Safe Hair Metal Served Daily \m/
Gold Supporting Member
Yup , it's the # 1 complaint about them.
No complaint on the volume from me. It’s plenty loud to be heard in rehearsals or in a small club. That kicks ass so I don’t have to drag my BE-50 or Mesa Mark V to gigs that small. Stick a boost pedal in front of it and it’s instant ‘80’s heavy/hair metal.

Marshall has a great product portfolio imo. It might be cool to see collaborations with attenuator/load box companies similar to how Tone King has.

A Marshall with an attenuator or a paired down (because all the features would cannibalize sales) Ox Box or Captor X would be a very cool amp. Rolling up to a gig with a SV20h that has a load box inside of it and has some IR capabilities would change the game.

80smetalhead

Ozone Safe Hair Metal Served Daily \m/
Gold Supporting Member
Until Marshall came up with the 20 watt series I had totally given on the company. Every 100 watt amp of theirs either had severe limitations due to only having one channel/core sound or too many choices of average amp sounds like the JVM. The DSL is also a meh amp as well…I tried two of them and couldn’t stand their sound.

It wasn’t until I investigated boutique amps and discovered Splawn and Friedman that I finally heard the Marshall sound I was looking for. I presently own a Splawn Street Rod, a BE-50 half stack and a Mesa Mark V half stack. All different in their own ways but they all sound superior to anything built by Marshall. I did buy a SC20 with the matching 2x12 because it sounds good plus it’s easy to transport to rehearsals and small gigs.

The funny thing is I don’t consider myself a Marshall hater at all. If they build a decent amp that interests me I’ll give it a go. If I like it I’ll buy it as I did the SC20. I’m looking for an AFD 100 right now. But for whatever reason they presently seem to have scaled down on production and innovation. Luckily there are other great amp builders who can give us what we want.

Short Tooth

I'd love to see a JTM45 circuit added to the 20w Studio series with KT66 tubes and a PPMV. A combo version would be a mini Bluesbreaker. My Bluesbreaker RI is my favorite amp to play, until I have to move it. I would definitely buy a 20w combo. I already have a SV20H and it's great but, as has been noted, is very loud in 20 watt mode and still quite loud at 5 watts. They really should have a PPMV on these. It would make them more useable.
Nah dawg, a smaller lighter 50 watt Switchable to 20 is all I'll take at this point. Why their obsession with just 20watts?

Reactions: C-4

Top Bottom