Is PRS going to release the greatest Tele ever?

mdrake34

The arrival of the PRS Hollowbody II SE and the Silver Sky SE have already disrupted my collection seriously and have resulted in the departure of the Gibson Les Paul and the Fender Strat.
I will never sell my 90's strat plus as it belonged to my late father, but I haven't touched it since buying a Silver Sky SE last Saturday. I have small hands, and I grew up on 90's Fender American c-shaped and Gibson slim-60's necks, so I've always thought I liked the smaller (not shredder thin) necks. The SS SE neck felt almost too big when I first picked it up in the store, but it is so incredibly comfortable, I love the satin finish on the back, and the pickups are incredible. Bigger, bolder than the duncan SSL-1's/Twang Banger in my strat. Still in the honey moon phase, but absolutely love this thing.

de1SMKX.jpg

dougb415

if at first you don't succeed, fail , fail again!!!!
I’m curious as to where this ‘fail’ statement has any validity. You personally may not like it, and that’s fine. But try finding them in stock; I’ve personally seen some SE Silver Skys arrive at my local shop and are sold within 5 minutes. Never saw that before.

webcat

As the saying goes, Paul Reed Smith is living rent free in your head and by the looks of things has a killer penthouse. :dude
I had a notification that someone liked my earlier post, which reminded me of the claim. One of those claims that's incredibly easy to prove - if true. Nothing to do with PRS the man or company, I'll just be very impressed if the guitars really do that.

If someone told you they had a pet that was half dog and half cat, wouldn't you want to see it?

Sam Hill

I’ve got 6 of them. Every one of them can be unplugged, sitting on a stand. Pluck any string lightly, and it will go for over 30 seconds. Most, way more. And 5 of them have floating vibratos! So I’m calling BS on the “lifeless” crap! ;)

Years ago, I had a chance to run a rack full of PRSs, and they were uniformly excellent. I was really impressed, but there wasn't a one of them that I think would've rung out over 30 seconds.

Video or it didn't happen. ;)

Meriphew

Silver Supporting Member
I’m not really into PRS guitars, but I respect what they have done for their brand. Having said that, I think they should stick to doing their own original thing (Which they had done up until a few years ago) versus trying to build Strats and Teles.

webcat

Apples and oranges. Now if you'll excuse me, there's a big pile of Fender and Gibson threads that I need to disrupt with repetitive negative nonsense.
Lol so asking for evidence of an entire collection of guitars with the ability to ring out for much more than 30 seconds from a light pluck is “repetitive negative nonsense” now?

:rotflmao
Should you be here unsupervised?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom