Is PRS going to release the greatest Tele ever?

dougb415

There is a world of difference between discussing the validity (or not) of the claims of the OP,, and getting "rubbed the wrong way" by their personal opinion ... One is called a forum discussion, and one is simply choosing to be butt hurt over nothing of actual value..
Some of these guys thrive on being butt hurt.

KevWind

You’ve conflated two separate posts there. The one you quoted with point 3 “who cares what the OP thinks” didn’t mention being rubbed the wrong way - So I will go back to my last post. Everyone that’s posted here has done so because of the OP.
No I have conflated nothing .....You better re read ...... the post I quoted in #3 absolutely mentioned being Rubbed the wrong way (hint it is the last wording in that 3 . on his post)

webcat

There is a world of difference between discussing the validity (or not) of the claims of the OP,, and getting "rubbed the wrong way" by their personal opinion ... One is called a forum discussion, and one is simply choosing to be butt hurt over nothing of actual value..
But you said “who cares what the OP claims” - everyone who has commented here has done so because of the OP’s first post, so while some agree and others disagree, obviously people care to a degree.

You’re acting outraged over an opinion which is the same behaviour you’re trying to belittle. You’re also homing in a tiny bit of a longer post to try and undermine the rest of what was said. Neither is particularly becoming.

As you say, it’s a discussion forum - where people discuss, and disagree.

webcat

No I have conflated nothing .....You better re read ...... the post I quoted in #3 absolutely mentioned being Rubbed the wrong way (hint it is the last wording in that 3 . on his post)
Yeah I just deleted that post after reading it again - it was such a minor comment that I missed it. See my updated reply.

backdrifter

Gold Supporting Member
I wish Collings would would release a model that was their take on a Tele. I read somewhere that Bill Collings once said something along the lines that there was no reason for Collings to make a Tele because the Telecaster was already perfect. Gotta respect that!

KevWind

But you said “who cares what the OP claims” - everyone who has commented here has done so because of the OP’s first post, so while some agree and others disagree, obviously people care to a degree.

You’re acting outraged over an opinion which is the same behaviour you’re trying to belittle. You’re also homing in a tiny bit of a longer post to try and undermine the rest of what was said. Neither is particularly becoming.

As you say, it’s a discussion forum - where people discuss, and disagree.
Again the "who cares" was only in reference the being "rubbed the wrong way" which in fact was the 3. point in his post ..
I am not the least bit outraged over anything posted . ( comment on ambiguous or specious posts is not outrage) Also I was not simply "honing in" on a tiny bit of his post... I was also correcting multiple specious claims made about the PRS business model relative to the industry point by point. Every one is entitled to an opinion but that does not mean the opinion is founded on a valid perspective and does not make the opinion automatically objectively valid .. Disagreement is part of a discussion but is not an excuse to spout subjective nonsense as if fact.
I disagree that PRS is "superior in every way" as I noted about my Fender Tele. but don't need to spout nonsense to justify my disagreement

Last edited:

webcat

Again the "who cares" was only in reference the being "rubbed the wrong way" which in fact was the in the 3. point in his post ..
I am not the least bit outraged over anything posted . Also I was not simply "honing in" on a tiny bit of his post... I was also correcting multiple specious claims made about the PRS business model relative to the industry. Every one is entitled to an opinion but that does not mean the opinion is founded on a valid perspective and does not make the opinion objectively valid .. Disagreement is part of a discussion but is not an excuse to spout subjective nonsense as if fact.
Lol, like a PRS Tele would be the best ever and the Tele world would never be the same? A thread that starts with a spurious claim and an author who continues that trend throughout the 30+ pages - yeah, course it’s gonna rile opinions

KevWind

Lol, like a PRS Tele would be the best ever and the Tele world would never be the same? A thread that starts with a spurious claim and an author who continues that trend throughout the 30+ pages - yeah, course it’s gonna rile opinions
Why would it rile opinion ? It's nonsense just like the supposed points in the post I quoted

webcat

Why would it rile opinion ? It's nonsense just like the supposed points in the post I quoted
Because, for the third time, it's the post that started it. The starting post of a thread often determines the direction - in this instance, the thread is literally a question, and a very pointed one. It literally invites responses of "Yes" or "No", rather than "Hey guys, what do you think about the possibility of PRS doing a T-shape guitar?" It's the same principle as Tag's recent thread that PRS make the best electrics - these are threads designed to provoke. You either agree with the authors they PRS make the best of anything, or you disagree in which case you've set yourself up to be educated on why you're wrong

VintageKnob

Silver Supporting Member
PRS: the brand for doctors, lawyers, and ranchers.
And software engineering managers!

I own a core Silver Sky and I love playing it. I'm still getting used to the headstock.
I've owned a wide variety of Fender Strat's, including CS. IMO the SS's quality and sound is as good as my best FCS.
The SS neck is one of the most comfortable I've ever played.

I just picked up a G&L ASAT Special, just before the price increase. Sounds amazing but the fret ends were uncomfortable, just enough edge to distract you from your playing. I was really surprised at that. I took my fret file to it and now the edges are nice and smooth and it plays great. With both my PRS's I had zero issues right out of the box. (core 594).

So, with that being said, if I was looking for a tele and I know what I know about the SS. I'd probably pass and get a Suhr classic T for the same money. With so many happy Suhr owners, my feeling is that the quality would be just as good. Maybe better - I'd love to find out but I'm being frugal right now, trying to pass on the GAS!

The origins of the SS seem somewhat organic, John Mayer, yatta, yatta, yatta. Putting out a Tele? Why? Because PRS fanboy's can't play any other brand and they need a PRS tele? Not. "Money please!"

- D

KevWind

Because, for the third time, it's the post that started it. The starting post of a thread often determines the direction - in this instance, the thread is literally a question, and a very pointed one. It literally invites responses of "Yes" or "No", rather than "Hey guys, what do you think about the possibility of PRS doing a T-shape guitar?" It's the same principle as Tag's recent thread that PRS make the best electrics - these are threads designed to provoke. You either agree with the authors they PRS make the best of anything, or you disagree in which case you've set yourself up to be educated on why you're wrong
Again for the third time OBVIOUSLY the OP sets the direction for the "discussion" And yes the question invites a yes or a no. Yes it does seem a rhetorical question implying PRS does make the best ever guitars ,,,, But so what ? That is obviously based only on the OP's personal opinion,, why get "riled" or "rubbed the wrong way" over someones personal opinion provocative or not ?

And again for the "third time" my post was not about "disagreeing" with that opinion (which is perfectly valid) My post was about implying PRS only copies existing designs and then claims improvement, which is total nonsense PERIOD

I don't care if you or the guy I quoted thinks the PRS head stock is butt-ugly thats just your personal opinion and not does that rub me wrong or rile me in the least ..I don't care if you agree that PRS would the Best Tele ever, Hell I already said I don't agree with that nonsense either.
I don't agree with TAG that PRS makes the best electrics thats just his personal opinion there is no education or being wrong. UNLESS I start spouting nonsense to justify my disagreement, in which case I would wrong, exactly like the post I quoted.
And for the last time commenting on (discussing) someones personal opinion presented provocatively or not

As I said my Fender Tele is equal to my PRS in construction, quality, and playability, and yes that is my personal opinion BUT is based on first hand experience not specious nonsense

drpqUwq.jpg

Last edited:

webcat

Again for the third time OBVIOUSLY the OP sets the direction for the "discussion" And yes the question invites a yes or a no. Yes it does seem a rhetorical question implying PRS does the best ever guitars ,,,, But so what ? That is obviously based only on the OP's personal opinion,, why get "riled" or "rubbed the wrong way" over someones personal opinion ?

And again for the "third time" my post was not about "disagreeing" with that opinion (which is perfectly valid) My post was about implying PRS only copies existing designs and then claims improvement, which is total nonsense PERIOD

I don't care if you or the guy I quoted thinks the PRS head stock is butt-ugly thats just your personal opinion and not does that rub me wrong or rile me in the least ..I don't care if you agree that PRS would the Best Tele ever, Hell I already said I don't agree with that nonsense either.
I don't agree with TAG that PRS makes the best electrics thats just his personal opinion there is no education or being wrong. UNLESS I start spouting nonsense to justify my disagreement, in which case I would wrong, exactly like the post I quoted .
As I said my Fender Tele is equal to my PRS in construction, quality, and playability, and yes that is my personal opinion BUT is based on first hand experience not specious nonsense

drpqUwq.jpg
For someone who says they don’t care a lot, you sure get agitated

bluegrif

I can very quickly clear up why PRS guys are adamant about PRS being superior to the other big brands, and I’m not even really a PRS guy myself. It really has little to do with the designs or the perceived tone (not that those aren’t factors for many) and everything to do with the fact PRS takes build quality and playability as seriously as a small boutique company. Fender and Gibson both put out some great instruments. But the vast majority of them I’ve bought over the last 30 years, even when flawlessly built, needed a fret level and full setup before it was ready for primetime. There has to be exceptions, but I’ve yet to see a new PRS that required anything other than perhaps adjusting the action to my preference, and honestly, even that‘s been mostly spot on. And these have typically been random examples in stores.

I’m not sure if it’s company philosophy, or just the somewhat smaller scale of the operation (I suspect both) but from I’ve seen, PRS delivers a more consistently finished product. Again, I’m not primarily a PRS player and had only owned one before trying a couple of SE models just to see how they stack up, and until recently I was always willing to pay my guy to get my Fenders and Gibsons in shape to take on stage, but regardless of whether they suit you or not, the quality and attention to detail is undeniable. It’s the exact same reason companies like Suhr and Anderson are perceived as making consistently better Fenders than Fender. People pick up a guitar that plays silky smooth and looks perfectly built, and the average production guitar seems not quite as good.

Tag

Platinum Supporting Member
Taking my words out of their context doesn’t make what I said a theory or yours a good alternative. Again, another PRS warrior in search of an opposite, but why?

Why does it all have to be so cult-y.

It's not. I'm just educating you guys and gals.

:banana:banana:banana

Tag

Platinum Supporting Member

It riles people because PRS is the one company that can pull it off and they know it!!!

:banana:banana:banana

Trending Topics

Top Bottom