Is PRS going to release the greatest Tele ever?

RolandKorg

Silver Supporting Member
Ugh. I hope not. When you have the industry clout PRS already has, why not create your own thing instead of just grafting a mismatched headstock onto another company's legend?

Whatever it sounds like, it's an aesthetic mashup that doesn't work.

RC Mike

This is another PRS abomination, just like the 594 and Silver Sky. A whacked headstock, weird pickups and neck, some el-cheapo plastics, a gig bag…. It’s just such a rotten thing to do. And that Paul guy won’t shut up about all of the “flaws” they’ve fixed and how great it’ll be.

Sure, it’ll sound better, play better, and feel better. Yes, yes, it’ll have the consistency and QC that’ll make it possible to buy it online without wondering if you got “a good one.” And the pickups will be awesome.

But it’s still all wrong.

Now, somebody show me where to get in line and how much money to bring with me. My SC594 and Silver Sky need a new friend.

donnievaz

Ugh. I hope not. When you have the industry clout PRS already has, why not create your own thing instead of just grafting a mismatched headstock onto another company's legend?

Whatever it sounds like, it's an aesthetic mashup that doesn't work.
I love Tele's but it's not for the aesthetics, it's one of the ugliest guitars ever made, with the ugliest headstock of all the classics. The only headstocks uglier are the Dean "Meatfork" and the BC Rich Warbeast... IMO of course.

Frond

1. Broadcaster/Telecaster/Esquire
2. Les Paul
3. Stratocaster
4. 335
5. SG

(feel like I am missing one)
you are:

3D1BB1BC-3CF9-40AC-A98C-606C689017C5.jpeg

archey

I love how every other guitar company on the planet can introduce their versions of the classics but when PRS does it they're the antichrist... Haters gonna hate.
Well, at this point it's more like Gibson making a strat, or Fender making a Les Paul. Which I know both have been done. But it's going to receive more attention good or bad then say Ernie Ball doing a tele.

Spider-Man

Silver Supporting Member
I love how every other guitar company on the planet can introduce their versions of the classics but when PRS does it they're the antichrist... Haters gonna hate.

PRS came up with a nice design of his own with the Custom 24 and they were very successful with the 22 and 24 fret versions of that design. And then the McCarty brought a very successful stop-tail option to the line. Due to the success of their own designs, I think many people have come to expect more from PRS than copies of other designs. Even though they have put in the effort to put their own stamp on those classic designs it feels cheap and lazy. But it's nothing new. Paul's first guitars were just copies of the Les Paul Jr. And then he put a maple top on one and the rest is history.

InversePolarity

Tone heretic
Silver Supporting Member
Nothing against the PRS headstock - aesthetically I generally prefer a 3x3 over 6-inline design, even on an S-type - but I think it would be an interesting development to see PRS deliver a Flying V, Explorer, or even Firebird clone. The T-type? Not so much.

Spider-Man

Silver Supporting Member
Thank god we have all the hero defenders of Fender(TM) out in force. Funny they never show up to a Suhr thread.

John Suhr came from the Fender Custom Shop so I think people might be giving him a pass because of that. But Suhr takes just as much flack for their headstock as PRS does for the SS.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom