Is PRS going to release the greatest Tele ever?

webcat

This guy ain't stupid... Shipping x2 was 4 times the cost of the repair. They probably could have paid Willcutt $25 to do the repair, but wouldn't even consider it. (I asked twice). I even told the guy "If Willcutt repairs it and it falls out again, it's on me." They said "company policy, only we can do warranty repairs." I said OK, and I chose to take it to a luthier who charged me half what one shipping would have been instead. And again, I AM NOT complaining about their service here, only comparing it to others I've experienced. This is now 5 times more talking about it than I had done since it happened, so clearly I'm not that upset about about it. Used it two compare two companies in response to Drew better in every way comment.
You realise the post you just quoted literally agreed that for the fix needed, the shipping wasn’t worth it? And didn’t accuse you of complaining?

And you wonder why I mentioned your lack of comprehension about 40 pages ago…

DreamTheaterRules

Former Lyricist for Calhoun Tubbs
Gold Supporting Member
ou realise the post you just quoted literally agreed that for the fix needed, the shipping wasn’t worth it? And didn’t accuse you of complaining?
you realize that he asked specifically if I expected them to pay shipping! I said the whole point was I didn't even want it to go to California for a $35 repair. Whose comprehension is at fault for your misinterpretation here?

webcat

you realize that he asked specifically if I expected them to pay shipping! I said the whole point was I didn't even want it to go to California for a $35 repair. Whose comprehension is at fault for your misinterpretation here?
Still yours, I’m afraid. Look back up. He was replying to me, and I was replying to someone else, and all he’d asked you first anyway was clarification on your stance - not saying you were wrong. He specifically said (in the post you quoted!) that for such a cheap repair it wasn’t worth you paying shipping.

Sheesh man, relax a bit. You’ll live longer.

Tony Done

Before opening the thread my first thought was "headstock?". In my case it is about not liking spikes, rather than looking more or less like the original.

DrewH

That was my thought before opening the thread, too. My thoughts now are "damn, the people arguing in this thread need therapy!"

Everyone needs therapy. Just a matter of how much.

Guitars/Instruments and music in general are things people get very passionate about. Debate/arguing is just part of that.

Arf

Yes, it might even have been a bolt on as well. They use one in an amp video.
1655391845342.png
It looked like this. Modern Eagle.

DreamTheaterRules

Former Lyricist for Calhoun Tubbs
Gold Supporting Member
"Is PRS going to release the greatest Tele ever?"

40+ pages later, the answer is still "No".
Well, there is the possibility that you could be wrong though. Don't rule that out. :D

Since things have calmed down, I'll say this. If Paul WANTS to make a great Tele style guitar (how was that?) he will. This guitar has that style body and bridge, but NF pickups, so that is different. For many that would be better, but for some things, no question it's not like a tele.

But the Tele by design is probably one of the least refined instruments there is. Some will remember that I was the US reseller of MIJ Tokai S and T style guitars for a few years. Sold most of them on here. Those guitars were WAY better than their price point at the time and with prices where they are now, anything better would cost over $2K. But a Tele is a very basic instrument by design. I'm not a Tele guy, and those were dam good ones! I almost kept one. I still have an NIB 68 replica S style that I saved back.

Not being a Tele guy, this PRS in the pic would be far better for me, because as I've said often, the NF pickups are some of the best pickups ever. But they ain't "tele pickups," so it would not sound the same. For me, it would be better, just because of the pickups. And the neck... and the 3x3 headstock. Etc. :cool:

bluegrif

Well, there is the possibility that you could be wrong though. Don't rule that out. :D

Since things have calmed down, I'll say this. If Paul WANTS to make a great Tele style guitar (how was that?) he will. This guitar has that style body and bridge, but NF pickups, so that is different. For many that would be better, but for some things, no question it's not like a tele.

But the Tele by design is probably one of the least refined instruments there is. Some will remember that I was the US reseller of MIJ Tokai S and T style guitars for a few years. Sold most of them on here. Those guitars were WAY better than their price point at the time and with prices where they are now, anything better would cost over $2K. But a Tele is a very basic instrument by design. I'm not a Tele guy, and those were dam good ones! I almost kept one. I still have an NIB 68 replica S style that I saved back.

Not being a Tele guy, this PRS in the pic would be far better for me, because as I've said often, the NF pickups are some of the best pickups ever. But they ain't "tele pickups," so it would not sound the same. For me, it would be better, just because of the pickups. And the neck... and the 3x3 headstock. Etc. :cool:
Based on that one photo, this wouldn’t be an attempt to bring diehard Tele guys to PRS. There’ve been countless T-style guitars that have been perfect for a lot of players but most Tele guys want the original formula. By contrast, the Silver Sky does appeal to a lot of Strat guys. I’m one of them who bought my first Strat in 1970 and have owned many.
For Tele guys who aren’t hung up on it being a traditional Fender Tele, the Ibanez Josh Smith model would be way closer than the PRS in the photo.

Top Bottom