Is Reverb payments broken?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by timmerel, Jun 25, 2020.

1. dlc1953

dlc1953 Member

Found out while checking my bank statement online yesterday.That none of the payments that they said had been paidout weeks ago,ever made it to my account!!!! E-mailed them and was told 2 were still in my balance. One was paid out. Called bank there's no record of any pay out from Reverb.com. I'll be at bank Monday to get them print out verification of that!! They owe me $110.00!!! Over 100 transactions before the switch,same bank account they pull my balance owed from in the past!! Just screwed up!!!

2. timmerel

timmerel Member

Do you have the same issue as this thread, where Reverb can’t enable connecting a bank account at all, so withdrawing money from the Reverb account after a sale is impossible? Or is yours a different issue?

I never had issues selling on Reverb before the recent change to Reverb payments.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020 at 10:19 PM
  3. dlc1953

dlc1953 Member

Yes that’s what it seems like. On there end it shows Sent-Paid) but it doesn’t show up in my account! Never had these issues before. Only since new ownership

4. timmerel

timmerel Member

My Reverb account can’t even get that far, as there is no way to connect my Reverb account to a bank account at all. So I can’t get to the “sent” stage.

Good luck with getting your Reverb payments issue fixed too.

dlc1953 likes this.
  5. timmerel

timmerel Member

2 days ago, you said you would make sure this is resolved ASAP. 48 hours ago, Reverb customer service said I should hear back within 48 hours.

The issue is not resolved, and I have heard nothing.

6. stagolee

stagolee Silver Supporting Member

I understand the frustration, and I agree that they should have taken care of it last week, but given that it wasn’t resolved Friday I would not expect any updates until Monday. Banks will have to be open for this to work, after all, unless someone stops by your house with an envelope of cash.

Scott L likes this.
  7. timmerel

timmerel Member

Resolution of the Reverb system issue is one for Reverb. That’s one step before the bank becomes relevant.

A simple PayPal transfer could resolve the issue any time 24/7 (Reverb has my PayPal) - no dev team or bank required.

Reverb customer service said I should hear back within 48 hours. They didn’t say 72 hours.

scook and dlc1953 like this.
  8. stagolee

stagolee Silver Supporting Member

Fair enough. I guess I’m conditioned to expect mediocrity or worse from big businesses, especially the ones with little direct connection to customers. Hope it’s settled soon.

adolan likes this.
  9. timmerel

timmerel Member

You and me both :)

10. Scott L

Scott L Silver Supporting Member

In this case mediocrity would be a big step up.

adolan, Ezzy911 and stagolee like this.
  11. timmerel

timmerel Member

Reverb 72 hours ago: We’ll resolve this ASAP, you should hear back within 48 hours

72 hours later: crickets

12. axdxm

axdxm Supporting Member

I have a current situation where they were supposed to transfer a refund to my bank. Customer service said they would do it...then nothing for days. Contact customer service "Oh I see your order/correspondance....we'll get that payment out asap!"...then nothing for days.

13. timmerel

timmerel Member

Putting aside my own experience, I wonder why this is happening?

14. webs

webs Supporting Member

A charitable guess might be COVID-related staffing difficulties.

A less charitable guess might be that Reverb saw sales jump across the board and decided that now was a good time to drop Paypal and take a bigger cut of the profits, with little regard for how their customer service/PR teams would be able to handle the startup issues of the new system multiplied by COVID complications.

tawtaw, Ezzy911 and Fantastic cook like this.
  15. kdm1218

kdm1218 Supporting Member

They don’t take PayPal anymore? I haven’t sold anything since last fall so I’m out of the loop for them. Was thinking of listing an Epi LP but this thread is giving me pause.

16. webs

webs Supporting Member

Buyers can use it to check out, but sellers no longer have the option of using a paypal account to receive funds and must instead link a bank account directly to Reverb's system.

tawtaw likes this.
  17. kdm1218

kdm1218 Supporting Member

Ah, thank you. Ugh. Perhaps I’ll stick with trying local first.

18. timmerel

timmerel Member

Before listing the pedal I sold, I hadn’t thought to check into Reverb’s new payments policy or whether Reverb’s system could add a bank account. I mistakenly assumed that payments would just work (which they did for me before the change), as that’s pretty much ecommerce 101.

I only realized after I sold the pedal that it isn’t possible to withdraw my money from Reverb’s system, and still weeks later there is no resolution from Reverb. Had I known, I would have sold it on competitors’ platforms.

19. scook

scook Supporting Member

Did you hear anything from Reverb today? I don't understand how it can be so hard to get your money to you.

20. timmerel

timmerel Member

No.

I don’t understand it either.