Is Reverb payments broken?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by timmerel, Jun 25, 2020.

1. splatt

splatt david torn / splattercell Gold Supporting Member

if they haven't been (or aren't themselves!) clear about this, that's an awfully huge error.

2. splatt

splatt david torn / splattercell Gold Supporting Member

then, their software should have blocked you from selling, imo.

buuuuut..... which version of which browser are you using in which operating system?

*J* likes this.
  3. timmerel

timmerel Member

Chrome on PC, Safari on iOS and Reverb app on iOS. So best guess is cause is server side rather than client side.

However I’m more interested in resolution than investigation on this one :)

4. AD

AD Gold Supporting Member

understood. Once Reverb moves on it, you should be fine.

5. 56Tweed

56Tweed Sub-Octave Member Silver Supporting Member

I don't have a dog in this fight, but that is an odd ultimatum from Reverb. I don't think its out of bounds for you to ask for the funds collected for an item sold, shipped, and received already. You are only asking for an alternative payment options because THEIR system isn't functioning. How would they like it if one of their vendors said "I'll pay you when the devs get around to fixing the 'bug'"? That seems pretty unreasonable @reverbofficial. The lack of follow through here is very concerning to me.

MHG, lexreverb, groovington and 3 others like this.
  6. handyman

handyman Member

That's a truly awful response from Reverb. They'll only resolve the issue in a semi-reasonable time frame if you agree to be effectively banned from Reverb? What moron thought this was an acceptable thing to say to a user? Such a response will do nothing but generate ill will.

What on earth has happened to Reverb? They used to be great to deal with. Now they've got @reverbofficial posting to any thread dealing with Reverb issues essentially just pretending to help. What a mess.

7. kdm1218

kdm1218 Supporting Member

Sheesh. @reverbofficial I definitely don’t feel comfortable listing with you now. Pay @timmerel already, your system bug is not his problem.

Ezzy911 likes this.
  8. timmerel

timmerel Member

I went back to Reverb to clarify that (1) I don’t want my Reverb account closed and (2) I want to withdraw my money from Reverb’s system without waiting more weeks.

I’m now going to wait to see if they do find a fix to the problem this week as suggested. At the end of the day I just want the issue resolved.

kdm1218 likes this.
  9. urQuill

urQuill Supporting Member

@timmerel - totally sucks that you are going through this, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who is grateful that you are sharing your experience.

My own experience SO FAR has been good, but almost entirely under the previous structure ... I have sold a couple items recently and have just updated my account information, and the cycle is not complete on those items. We'll see what happens.

@reverbofficial - if it's possible for this problem to happen to one customer, and if it's possible for this very slow response to happen within your support department, then it's possible for all of us who use your platform to have problems. I'm very sure that many, many users are now seriously rethinking our approach to buying and selling items using your platform. Please do your best to sort this out.

MHG, Ezzy911 and kdm1218 like this.
  10. Laganlad

Laganlad Supporting Member

Yes, I’ve done it and still not a fan. Item sold Saturday, shipped yesterday morning and still no deposit in the bank account. Will it come? Yes, probably in the next 24 hours or so but it’s still a pain.

11. tawtaw

tawtaw Member

I've noticed quite a few posters seemingly mocking the idea that Reverb is having problems on numerous threads the past month or so. I'm glad many aren't having issues, but it's obvious that Reverb is not working well at all for an inordinate number of people right now. I hope it gets straightened out, because it was a good resource for musicians.

webs and Ezzy911 like this.
  12. Abandoned

Abandoned Tweed Tube Tone Purist Silver Supporting Member

This is a bummer - I hope you get a solution soon.

13. timmerel

timmerel Member

Thanks! Will report back if I do :)