Is Strymon working on a Mulit Effects pedal (pic inside)?

danonbass

My first instinct is photoshop. Look and how the surface of the pedal is weirdly uneven in color. Like its covering up grey and trying to look like a natural finish...

cookedbutok

I think it's legit. This is what everyone has been asking for! Where's the uproar?!?!

I'm not a modulation guy(other than your occasional tremolo), per se, so this means very little to me. I'm not in the market for something like this.

That being said, If it is real, I would be very interested to hear all the patches on the "right" side of the circle, none of the effects on the "left" side of the mode selector are ones I ever use.

earwax

Hopefully there won't be any sub menus or the need to upgrade with the midi-USB cable I still haven't bought for my timeline.

CRWolf

Gold Supporting Member
The print around the dial seems off to me. Also, given the mystery surrounding the introduction of the Flint and the hype that generated, this seems a little too up front for Strymon. I've been wrong before though... once.

danonbass

Hopefully there won't be any sub menus or the need to upgrade with the midi-USB cable I still haven't bought for my timeline.
Well, I kinda think the submenus are necessary for deep editing, and they're nice to adjust: giving you an exact readout of each setting. I wouldn't want 12 knobs on the surface of the pedal that had different parameters depending on the type of effect unless each knob had a small digital readout saying what it's parameter was. Of course, I wouldn't want to pay the extra $500 dollars that would probably cost...

Also, really pick up the cable, man. You can get one for under $20 shipped. It's so worth it. My expirence with the timeline live was enhanced 100% with that update.

GTechNick

It definitely doesn't look like a "Strymon released photo", but it does look like a crappy cell phone pic (almost Instagram-ish).

Footbutt

Silver Supporting Member
i'm... hesitant.
like many Strymon pedals (if this is real), they'll convince me to buy it with sound clips.

cookedbutok

The print around the dial seems off to me. Also, given the mystery surrounding the introduction of the Flint and the hype that generated, this seems a little too up front for Strymon. I've been wrong before though... once.
If it is real, it's gotta be an unapproved leak. Strymon isn't Apple, it's easy to think someone could have snapped a quick shot from their shop and threw it up on instagram or something. Which would explain the cruddy quality.

It definitely doesn't look like a "Strymon released photo", but it does look like a crappy cell phone pic (almost Instagram-ish).
That's why I think it is real and why "the font looks off", it's a cruddy pic.

I called " 'shopped " on the X4 and was proved wrong, so I'm gonna err on the "benefit of the doubt" side this time. :cool:

Bucksears

Gold Supporting Member
That's a HELL of a leak considering the Flint 'strip tease' that dragged out forever.

But.......it does make sense. They've done the multi-delay, last thing released was the Flint and a multi-mod would really shake things up.

Looks cool (if true), and I guess that leaves a multi-verb up next!

sksmith66

If it is real there will be submenus. lots of them for all the delicious tweaking anyone could ever need.

cookedbutok

If Strymon were leaking shots, it would be the small corner of the underside of the enclosure, showing like, one letter of a font. All you would be able to tell is the color of the box.

So this definitely isn't Strymon leaking this shot, if it is real.

mattekelly

The cost of this pedal would have to be pretty high though, otherwise they'd price their individual pedals out of the market, assuming it would have a lot of the sounds of their single units.

Trending Topics