Is TGP the most active online guitar forum/community?

Occam

Silver Supporting Member
I wish I Love Fuzz was more active. They had more people with similar musical and gear interests to me. The old musician forum at Stoner Rock wasn't bad but just didn't get the volume and then they closed it all down and I didn't keep up with the re-boot but that didn't seem too active either. I was Harmony Central before there were forums and it was just an online review database...I found out about 9/11 from H-C because I just happened to check that before the news before either tower fell. It's taken years but you kinda learn to speak in TGP. "If the Bonamassa guys like this but the Jimmy Page guys don't then how would that apply to me that is nothing like either one" can be tricky when determining the usefulness of a pedal before I buy it.

NorCal_Val

Sevenstring.org has a pretty big membership base as well. The corks tend to go unsniffed there.
They also tend to have much funnier avatars.

I go there for my Ibanez content.
Sevenstring.org is the only other gear forum I read/post on.
I feel like I can talk about “metal” gear and not be judged. However, I’d say there’s some “cork sniffery” that goes in there.:banana

tribalfusion

Sevenstring.org is the only other gear forum I read/post on.
I feel like I can talk about “metal” gear and not be judged. However, I’d say there’s some “cork sniffery” that goes in there.:banana
Maybe but I think more people there actually play compared with here ironically enough.

But either way Sevenstring is WAY smaller than TGP.

Custom50

This is the only board that I still come to.

Whenever I have a question or need info someone with much more knowledge than me usually helps me out pretty quickly.

It's the best.

supergenius365

Supporting Member
A lot of people say it was the software...
Too slow.

But to me, it just seemed like a bunch of 7th graders questioning each other’s sexuality.

It just became boring.
I think it has been renamed The 7th Grade Sexuality Questioning Page or T7GSQP for short.

sickboy79

I've posted on a number of forums over the years. This is by far the most active and and most enjoyable for me. This is really the only one I post on anymore. I used to post a lot on the LPF but, got kinda board with it.

TubeStack

Supporting Member
I like TGP and spend a fair amount of time here.

While it’s the most active electric guitar forum, it does seem slower than in years past. It also seems like, even though it has a huge membership base, most daily activity is due to about 80-100 regular members, though I could be way off on that. Doesn’t feel like there’s regular participation from as wide a range of users as in the past.

Regardless, I would love to find a board with a greater percentage of younger members (35 yrs and lower?), from a broader range of backgrounds (ethnicity, gender). Or for TGP to increase its diversity in those areas.

It seems like 90% or more of TGP is dudes 40 years old and older (as am I, but it would be refreshing to experience a wider range of viewpoints/voices).

Trending Topics