1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is that a tremolo at the beginning of "Money"?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by SouthernShred, Aug 15, 2005.

1. SouthernShred

SouthernShred Member

You know the little fill in Pink Floyd's "Money"...what kind of effect is that on his guitar?

2. eknapier

eknapier Member

Was just listening to that, yea that's definately a tremolo!

3. leofenderbender

leofenderbender Supporting Member

It sounds to me like the tremolo was applied to the mix in the studio...

4. faizz

faizz Member

Try looking on Pete Cornish website, i recall there was something about the Money tremolo when he talks about the DSOTM pedalboard he made for Gilmour...

my .02,

Faizz

5. eric-d

eric-d Member

I HIGHLY recommend getting the Roger Water's "In The Flesh" DVD.... I just got it on eBay for 10$ ... it's awesome... My band plays money and I use a Supa-Trem ..... Does a great job... :)

6. SouthernShred

SouthernShred Member

Yeah, that's a great DVD. I love Doyle Bramhall II.

7. eric-d

eric-d Member

Doyle is one of the best things music has going right now.... Period! He's a hell of a player, songwriter, and an all around pimp... :) To see him do the things he does and get the sounds he does, it's like our Hendrix for us that weren't around in the 60's.... For someone his age to do what he has is just astounding!

8. SouthernShred

SouthernShred Member

Have you heard Scott Holt? I'm biased as Scott is a friend, but man, he's all those things too. Played with Buddy Guy for 10 years before going solo and he's freakin' amazing. Unfortunately, he hasn't put out an album that captures what he does live.

9. eric-d

eric-d Member

Yeah Scott Holt is pretty good too... I'm just not a fan of Buddy Guy, I used to like him when I was younger and then I saw him live.... He just doesn't impress me like he used to.... To be honest, I haven't heard much of Scott's work... but what I have heard, I liked for the most part... I'm partial to DBII because he's a Texas boy... :)

10. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

An Alternate Reality in a Parallel Universe...
    I love Scott Holt's playing, I saw him play at Legend's with Buddy Guy about five years ago. Buddy has the flu, so he actually turned the show over to Scott and left the stage for four tunes. Scott played some Hendrix and floored everyone! I think Buddy returned to the stage because the crowd (packed club) was cheering and screaming louder than when Buddy was up there. Afterwards I saw an add in Guitar Player for Scott Holt's then new CD, Dark of the Night. I'll tell you, every player should have that CD in his/her collection. But to tell the truth Chipped Front Tooth, his latest CD didn't do it for me, the guitar seems to be further back in the mix. I still need to check out the Angels In Exile CD. But one thing for sure, Scoot Holt is a great guitar player!!!!

TheGrooveking

11. SouthernShred

SouthernShred Member

Yeah, Dark of the Night is my favorite CD of his along with Angels in Exile (which is hard to get now). Chipped Front Tooth was not my favorite disc but I do like some of his tunes on there. I've played his original "Tick" with him live and that song cooks more than it does on CD...

One of the most amazing shows I played with him at, he did this 10 minute version of Little Wing into Power of Soul and then into Star Spangled Banner...then he calls me up and says "This is my good friend Shannon, we're going to play a little Hendrix" :eek: Scared the crap out of me...He's on another level.

His new record should be out in October called "Revelator"...I haven't heard any cuts off of it yet, but I should have some samples soon.

12. michael_smurphy

michael_smurphy Member

Gilmour used a Demeter Tremulator during pulse and sounds spot on ..

13. tim gueguen

tim gueguen Member

The tremolo sound on "Money" supposedly came from an HH amp Gilmour had at the time.

14. MuseCafeChris

MuseCafeChris Senior Member

I thought it was a cash register at the beginning of "Money."

15. tim gueguen

tim gueguen Member

It is, but thats not what everyone is talking about.

16. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

Just heard this tune this morning (listening to DSOTM on the way to work) and had to search to see what Gimour was using. Hate to bump an old thread but those last 2 posts are hilarious.

17. Richards

Richards Member

The tremolo from the beginning of Money I heard is that from the Synthi Hi Fli pedal made by EMS and this effects unit is all over that album too

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/harrison_georg/my_photos

The synthi is the pedal on the far left in this pic (blow the pic up)