Is the Dr.Z Prescription gone for good?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by BadAssBill, Feb 20, 2012.

1. BadAssBill

BadAssBill southofnash.com Silver Supporting Member

Maybe I'm late to the party (it happens a lot I have so much going on). I just read that the Dr.Z Prescription is no longer going to be made. I assume this is because, like everything else in business, it didn't sell as much as the other amps. I had a chance to try one not too long ago and I liked it a lot more than the Maz Jr, which everyone seems to love. The Maz wasn't a bad amp, but I don't think it gave me anything more than my AC15C1. Since I already have the AC15, maybe I was just looking for something different...but I really just liked the Prescription better.
    The prescription had so much more punch in the bottom and growl...it was just a great amp and was probably going to be the next one I bought.

Anyway...I'm sorry to see it go.

2. cratz2

cratz2 Member

Yeah, I think the Prescription is gone as are the XS and the Jr versions. The original has been gone for a while... maybe 5 or 6 years.

Never played the original or the XS but I played a Jr through a Z Best cab with a G12H30 and a Blue while on vacation a few years ago and to say I was impressed would definitely be an understatement.

3. Crowder

Crowder Dang Twangler Silver Supporting Member

They're closing them out at attractive prices at www.humbuckermusic.com if you are interested. The guys there told me that there are a few Z amps since that design that are more evolved ideas on the same theme (like the Stangray).