Is the Eminence V12 a smooth speaker?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by S.A.M., Jan 15, 2008.

1. S.A.M.

S.A.M. Member

The only cabinet I've ever used is my Avatar with Eminence v12s, and every head I've used with it (5 I think) sounds pretty smooth. I'm thinking maybe its the speakers. Does anyone else think that they are a smooth speaker?

2. grantford

grantford Member

Yes. I would say moderatley smooth and somewhat dark. Nice speaker for sure!

3. S.A.M.

S.A.M. Member

hmmm.... Maybe I should look for something else then. I've searching for a tone a little more gritty, with a nice bite.

4. grantford

grantford Member

What amp? I used them with an 800 that was very bright. It was wonderful! Now that my 800 isnt as bright anymore I like greenbacks with it.

5. S.A.M.

S.A.M. Member

I've used them with my Marshall Jubilee, Peavey 6505+, Carvin Legacy, and now Budda SD18. And each amp seemed to be smooth, and MAYBE a TAD dark.

6. boonhogganbeck

boonhogganbeck Member

I've got one in a Peavey Ultra 112 combo and like it a lot. I think it's smooth, and getting better with use.

7. grantford

grantford Member

Slash likes Celestion Vintage 30's for his Jubilee. Many have used them with 5150's as well. I am partial to greenbacks. EVH used greenbacks with his 5150's. Vintage 30's are bitey to me. Check em out:dude

8. Darth Tater

Darth Tater Supporting Member

I would definitely say smooth & dark on the V12. It smoothed out my Vox Valvetronix nicely!

9. S.A.M.

S.A.M. Member

I like them. I just want a bit more grit, and a little more bite. And they sound even better on stage, compared to my basement.