Is the Fulltone '70 the best silicon fuzz face for the price these days?

Black Dog

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah I've decided if I'm going to boycott every product sold by someone that says or does something I disagree with then I might as well cut myself off from society and just go live alone in the mountains. It's just a guitar pedal, I'm not trying to look too deeply into it.

Black Dog

Silver Supporting Member
I really hope this thread doesn't turn political. It really was not my intention. I just wanted advice on a silicon fuzz face. Mike Fuller's political beliefs aren't going to affect my ability to jam some Pink Floyd leads

I've had the Fulltone '69 V1 for some time, which only came out of retirement since I got my Fillmore 100. Really liking some of the sounds from it now and learning how to dial it in more effectively. It's well built, noisy though. Would the '70 be a quieter machine, being a silicon FF? I'm not really sure I would gain much by adding the '70 to my tonal palette otherwise. I kind of like the unpredictability of the germanium, possibly more organic? I'm thinking maybe the addition of a muff, which I don't have, would be more complementary in regard to extended sound palette.

Last edited:

killer blues

In my experience, Fulltone pedals- fuzzes overdrives wah’s and vibes sound best at volume. That’s where you can really hear what they’re advertised to do. If you’re a bedroom player not so much
this. he builds them straight up with excellent quality. ive bought 3 of his products this year.
octofuzz of2
soulbender 2
supa-trem 2
with amp set at proper levels. the octofuzz is dead on tycobrahe. tracks beautifully up and down the neck.
the soulbender 2 is a gem of a tonebender. many different tones all excellent. i spent 3 hrs with this pedal and couldnt get a bad tone out of it.
the supa-trem not only is a great trem it also rivals pedals like the boss dimension for stereo ambiance at a great price.
all of his products are a great value.
as far as mikes politics are concerned i dont judge people unless i meet them personally. he might have been having a bad day or whatever i dont know or care. he apologized and case closed for me.

Last edited:

ryanmcdermottguitar

Psychedelic Speed Freak
Silver Supporting Member
People should realize that many brilliant people, great engineers and mad scientist types lack soft skills. It's nothing personal, but these days everything is taken personally by quite a few people.

I think there's a difference between soft skills and...well...whatever Mike Fuller lacks.

rust_in_peace

Can't say if it's the "best", but I loved mine when I had it. Excellent clean-up and having the Mid knob is very handy.

jamboree

I purchased one for less than $100 used and it is a great sounding pedal. Not sure anything else can beat it at this price point.

sleep

Silver Supporting Member
I think there's a difference between soft skills and...well...whatever Mike Fuller lacks.
At least if he bought a 6 million dollar mansion, he'd probably have done it with his own money. I only have one experience with him: Back in the mid 90s he traded me a couple of his pedals for a vintage pedal, I think it was a Tycobrahe paradedal and he sent me a fulldrive and something else for it. I don't remember him being anything other than a normal human being and the deal was fair re: value of the pedals at the time.

mouseghost

Didn't like the sound of my Fulltone '70 when I got it. Turned the internal trim pot one tiny tweak, and BAM! So don't pass final judgement until you play with the trim pot-- it's really responsive!

Top Bottom