Is the Line 6 Roto Machine out yet ?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by paulydangerous, Oct 7, 2005.

1. paulydangerous

paulydangerous Member

Has anyone seen them in stores ?

2. rabbit

rabbit Member

Yes, over here they just got it in when I was in a store three days ago. Wanted to give it a try first but then I had to leave to catch the train. Maybe next week.

3. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

An Alternate Reality in a Parallel Universe...
    I was told they were hitting the store on October 16th. But then again Line 6 has told me 4 different dates so far. Interesting note, I was told by two different Guitar Centers that corporate offices at Guitar Center requested for all Line 6 Tone Core Space Chorus, Crunch Tone, Constrictor and Tap Tremolo's pedals to be returned because they were not selling enough of them. One guy told me that Guitar Center will probably end up only carrying one Variax guitar, the model 600.

TheGrooveking

4. LilSteve

LilSteve Member

$114 at MF...is a no brainer

5. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

I have read many posts here about quality and noise issues with the echo park. I would be hesitant to buy on the tonecore pedals at this stage.

The demo did sound great though!

6. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

An Alternate Reality in a Parallel Universe...
    I have eight of the Tone Core pedals, two each of the Echo Park and the Space Chorus, none have any noise issues. I personally beleive that for me to buy that many and not have issues, that there must be some form of outside cause for some of the noise issues others are seeing. I have played the pedals in different places with flourscent lighting even with single coil pickups and mega distortion being ran through them, at rest no increase in noise. Maybe I am just lucky, but with 8 pedals, bought from different sources across the country, that would mean statically I should play the lotto more often than I do.

TheGrooveking

7. monkmiles

monkmiles Supporting Member

So can someone explain to me why I shouldn't fear a digital pedal like the Roto Machine?

I'm more of an analog guy and find that analog gets the sweetest tone. But the sound clips of the Roto Machine sound pretty darn good. Right now I have a Dunlop Rotovibe and it's pretty good. In looking for the best rotating leslie speaker sound, I'm considering the Roto Machine. But I'm scared away from it some because it's digital and not analog.

I do have a PodXT that I usefor home practice since I can use headphones and get a lot of sounds easily. That has a rotating/leslie effect in it, and it is actually pretty good. I imagine the Roto Machine is going to be similar but a little more extensive/tweakable.

8. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

My Rotomachine should be here next week according to Sweetwater, I am first on the list for them when they get them.

In the end, skip the whole analog vs. digital thing please. Close your eyes, use your ears and trust your heart. :D

9. trumpus

trumpus Supporting Member

This may be a stupid question, but is it true bypass?

How does it stack up (when you get it) against the H&K Rotosphere?

How is this different from something like a Vibe pedal (i have a Deja vibe, and trying to decide if this would be completely unnecessary)?

Brian

10. LilSteve

LilSteve Member

Its cheap and small. Dont like it? return it.

Being a 60's guy, I lean towards leslie/vibe sounds more than phasers and flangers. I have the H&K and will be picking this one up to add to the collection.

When I had an actual Leslie it was just as noisey as the H&K, Nothing compares to the real thing.

11. jcshirke

jcshirke Silver Supporting Member

Likewise, does anyone know if the Boss RT-20 is out yet? And is anyone planning on writing a review comparing the two pedals? I'm interested to know if the Line 6 is just as good as the Boss. It's certainly cheaper.

Thanks,

Jeff

12. jcshirke

I answered my own question by calling Sweetwater.

The RT-20 is expected to begin shipping next week. The Line 6 RotoMachine won't ship until November. So, if anyone picks up an RT-20, I'd love to get your thoughts.

Jeff

13. Scott Peterson

Maybe Sweetwater is sold out of their first few shipments or something, because it is shipping now to dealers and Sweetwater confirmed my Rotomachine is enroute early next week.

14. jcshirke

Huh...I hope (for your sake) you're right. The guy I talked to said they wouldn't be getting them until November. I was under the impression that this was their first shipment, too. It may be worth calling them back to double check its status.

I hope you do get yours next week. Looking forward to a review!

Jeff

15. ABKB

ABKB Member

+1. I have my eye out on that RT-20, but would love to hear some reviews b4 I pull the trigger.
    As far as Line sux goes, I'm on a boycott with them after my DL4 died on me. Sounded good, but I've got $30 pedals that have lasted longer. So on the GC news mentioned above, about all I can say is :p

16. itsLars

itsLars Member

Hi,

mine arrived today. I had preordered one at one of germanies biggest retailers.

I've just tried it.....only @ very low volume as our son is sleeping. :)

So far I really like it. My favorite model is the 145.
    Can't A/B it to the rotosphere as I already sold it to pay for the roto-machine. So I hoped that the Line6 pedal wouldn't be remarkably lame soundwise.....as far as I can tell by now it's at least as good as the H&K.

Looking forward to the next band rehearsal.

Bye,
    Lars

17. monkmiles

monkmiles Supporting Member

Cool! Please give a full review when you've had a chance to really fool with it. And if you're able, any sound clips would be great too! Thanks.

18. Scott Peterson

Awesome, I am *really* looking forward to getting mine!

19. muddy

muddy Member

from where, scott?!! how much?

ml

20. jcshirke

My local GC also says they don't expect the Roto Machine until next month.

Jeff