• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Is the "Line6 Helix" thread a creature that we can't control anymore or

Rockfiddler

Alter ego. It's a piece of gear that no one owns yet, and has not been tested in a real-world environment yet, but everyone already has an opinion on it. Made by a manufacturer that is either loved by those who have extensively used its products, or hated by those who have not, and is summarily loved or hated itself, based on hearsay and blind speculation. You can't get more TGP than that.

Mr. Brady

Nah, it's actually been fairly civil and no bans have been handed out. :eek:

There has been the usual conjecture, moaning, fan boi rah rahs, negativity, and wild speculation that is in almost every internet forum thread, but overall it's been a good thread.

aleclee

TGP Tech Wrangler
Staff member
Made by a manufacturer that is either loved by those who have extensively used its products, or hated by those who have not, and is summarily loved or hated itself, based on hearsay and blind speculation.
I can only speak for myself but I definitely don't fall at either end of that continuum. I've not been shy about expressing my disappointment with past L6 modelers (most of which I'd owned) but I love my L6 wireless and am thinking about upgrading from a G50 to G70. I'm also hopeful that Helix will use its significant increase in DSP resources to offer improved amp modeling. 3rd party IR support negates any concerns I had about speaker modeling.

There has been the usual conjecture, moaning, fan boi rah rahs, negativity, and wild speculation that is in almost every internet forum thread, but overall it's been a good thread.
And in that respect, it is very much an alter ego. The discussion is in some ways more a reflection of people's biases around L6 than a reflection of the product itself.

Tmidiman

Alter ego. It's a piece of gear that no one owns yet, and has not been tested in a real-world environment yet, but everyone already has an opinion on it. Made by a manufacturer that is either loved by those who have extensively used its products, or hated by those who have not, and is summarily loved or hated itself, based on hearsay and blind speculation. You can't get more TGP than that.
More like people have questions along with opinions on the small sampling released so far.

Seems like a good thread so far.

stratamania

I've owned Line 6 product before and also an Axe FX. The Helix looks to be what I was hoping someone would bring out and be readily available. So I'm going for it. I need a new modeller and it looks like it will tick the boxes for me.

I don't think I'm a fan of a company one way or the other. If the product can speak for itself that's the main thing.

As for the other thread, it's not bad really and it's certainly garnered a lot of interest. Obviously folks want to see more videos etc and discuss possibilities and speculate.

I really like Line6 products and currently use them. I play at "home" and tube amps just don't do it for me at low volume levels. The Spider IV works perfectly for my sonic needs. I really don't want to replace my combo with a Helix to a powered speaker, but I could replace my FBV Floorboard with a Helix and wouldn't be adding any "real"-estate. :D

jmp

Silver Supporting Member
It's the most promising and interesting piece of digital gear that has been released in several years, that is for sure. A floorboard-based modeler with feel and response that might get close to AxFX and Kemper, but for a good thousand bucks less than either of those units once you add in the expense of the necessary floor controller. The screen is in color and the user interface seems very intuitive. It's definitely got my attention!

thirsty one

Silver Supporting Member
I delighted to be in this thread on the first page.

I will be even more delighted when I can get my hands on a helix and give it a spin for myself.

Prince

Silver Supporting Member
Can somebody offer a setlist/play by play/cliff notes/recap?

No way in hell is readin 130 pages of conjectures.

MoPho

Formerly tripp2k
Silver Supporting Member
Looks like it will be a hit. I just bought a GSP1101 to mate with an 11r but let's be real, my avatar descriptor says it all. I'll succumb at some point.

eriwebnerr

Maybe "control" is the wrong word. But with announcement --> anticipation threads things can start to spiral and it can be several pages of eye rolling. Guys start over analyzing minutia and making drastic assumptions and comparisons. Some of it can be fun, but mostly what happens is the little real information that is helpful gets lost in the din of petty fights and conjecture.