Is the Octafuzz the best at what it does?

CaprioM85

Pretty clear question. Is the Octafuzz the best out there at what it does: Fuzz/Octave in one box. When I say best I am looking referring to that Jimmy blues type tone. Very Gary Clark Jr as wel...I know he uses one.

Last edited:
I have the Fulltone Ultimate Octave. I have never tried the octafuzz, but the ultimate octave tracks really well all over the neck. There are two switches, so the pedal can be used as a fuzz or the octave can be engaged. A good example the ultimate octave in use is in the guitar solo for the song Little Sister by Queens of the Stone Age. Different flavor of octave-up fuzz than the Octavio-style, but very good as well!

WhoJamFan

Amptweakers TightFuzz Pro gives you great control over it's octave setting, including turning it off.
Easily the most versatile fuzz I've ever owned or tried-I've had the originals and many TGP faves, this one's the keeper.
One of it's coolest features is that the circuitry doesn't care where you put it in the chain or if you use wireless. That fact that it auto biases every setting makes it sound awesome however you use it.
Ended my fuzz search dead in it's tracks, and I love all those 60s garage fuzz-tones.

boldaslove1977

Gold Supporting Member
i've only tried a couple... but i love my octafuzz.

at one point i flipped the full size one for a mini.

it took me a while to figure that pedal out. put it in the closet for a long time. finally came back to it, and after a lot more noodling, the light bulb finally went off.

btw... the straight fuzz without the octave may not win any a/b shootouts but it works great in a live band context... even better than my 69.

CaprioM85

the BJFe/Bearfoot Candy Apple Fuzz has the best octave fuzz sound I've had the pleasure of playing. It can be a tad tricky to dial in but it produces octaves on every string, every fret, on any pickup. And that's only one of the many fuzz tones in that box.
Where the hell has this been hiding my whole life?!

Killshakes

IMO the original big box version with no switch is the best there is.
Why is that better than the toggle switch version? I find them sonically identical (I've had both), except that the toggle switch version is much more versatile.

Trending Topics