Is the RMC3FL IN STOCK anywhere?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ManUBobby7, Jan 27, 2012.

1. ManUBobby7

ManUBobby7 Member

I checked 3 sites, 2 showed out of stock, the 3rd - analogman.com didn't say. So I proceeded with paypal and it accepted my $308. I emailed Mike really quickly to confirm, and he said they were out of stock, but he'd get back to me monday.

My Pedalboard with AC10 isn't coming from Pedalshark until early february, so i dont mind a moderate wait. If Mike says theres a BIG wait, any other options guys? I really wuold like to stick with the RMC3FL cuz of its creative abilities.

Thanks, Bob

2. taez555

taez555 Member

3. ManUBobby7

ManUBobby7 Member

4. taez555

taez555 Member

No problem.

I sold my RMC3 (the older blue one with internal trim) a few months ago. Great wah, honestly though it had to many options for me and I just went back to my crybaby. Would be cool to try the external trims on the new version though, but I'm still on the eternal hunt for the perfect wah as well. :)

5. ManUBobby7

ManUBobby7 Member

I hear that. Does your crybaby sounds better to you? There's a guy in my area selling an old classic white fulltone clyde asking $200. Part of me wants to ump on the classics, but I really feel the RMC3FL will satisfy whatever sound I want to create in my head. The pots are supposed to last forever too....I dunno lol!!!

6. taez555

taez555 Member

That sad part is... it really doesn't, but I just couldn't justify keeping a $250 wah pedal that I wasn't 100% happy with when the crybaby for 1/4 of the price still gave me a decent(but not perfect) "wah-wah-wah" sound.

To be fair, the RMC really is an amazing pedal. The first time I plugged it in it just sounded "right".

It's like with anything though, you're always seaching for that holy grail tone. And after a while I just felt the RMC wasn't exactly what I was looking for. I almost want more of a modern wah tone, rather than the vintage clyde type thing. All personal preference though.

7. ManUBobby7

ManUBobby7 Member

Do you think you could get that sound from a 3FL or are you lookin for something radically diff like a bad horsey or something?

8. taez555

taez555 Member

Has he actually changed the circuit from the old to new, or did he just put the controls on the outside?

For me though, yeah... I think I'm leaning more towards a modern Vai type sound, but again.... I won't know till I hear it and play it. I've been searching for the perfect wah for 20 years. Still a work in progress. :)

9. ManUBobby7

ManUBobby7 Member

Well the RMCfl3 is very enjoyable - I still havent put the time into learning the outer knobs, after all I dont use wah too too much. But I will say that these 9 dip switches that are on the fron are VERY finicky. just one or two switch chages and you have a George Clinton P-Funk Allstar space sound ... that you cant get back from unless you remember your previous settings. Right now I have switches 3,5,8 and 9 down, the rest up (or "on") and this creates a nice normal wah for me - but it had me nervous for a bit.

LOL I'll get more comfortable with this thing when I learn it. Its still hard to stoop down adjust the knobs while playing and moving the wah up and down - i find the best way is to sit, let a chord ring out, adjust the knobs with one hand, move the wah pedal up and down with the other. LOL I havent had a wah in like 15 years, this feels adventurous .... I feel a bit like a wah noob - i found my other pedals were easier to learn via the "turn the knob and listen approach"