• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Is the Roland VG99 still relevant? Should I buy or is there something better in the horizon?

Tito83

Got really frustrated with the Variax, so I started looking into the Roland/Boss/GK stuff. Was about to pull the trigger on a new GP10 when I noticed there are a few VG99's being sold used at the very same price. Integrating it with Helix would mean I'd have to carry two fairly big devices, but the VG99 looks so damn fun I'm having a really hard time resisting it.

rah3

Love my VG99. It's got it's own thing going on. I treat it more like a processor than a modeler. You can go 1/4" in, but you also need the GK pickup to utilize much of the processing.

- RAH3

rsm

I think you need to compare the features and workflow of each to determine which is best for you. I have a GP-10 and dig it, though it's not my main modeler. vguitar forum has a great deal of info on both and users with experience with each...worth looking at the info there IMO.

sixeight

I have both a VG99 and a GP10. The VG99 has more features and the GP10 has a better sound quality and less hiss. The GP10 will be a better replacement for the variax to serve as a virtual guitar into an amp or other modeler. The VG99 has way more options.

I use the VG99 at home and the GP10 for gigs.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom