• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Is the RP 355 capable ?

RVB

Is the RP355 capable of producing a tone close to Mark Knopfler's Sultans of Swing solos?
I just can't seem to get it right;
is there a patch for this somewhere out there already?

burningyen

This was a hard one. This is the best I can do:

[clips gone, sorry]

Last edited:

uglybassplayer

Silver Supporting Member
This was a hard one. This is the best I can do:

[SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/burningyen/rp355-sultans-with-backing[/SOUNDCLOUD]

[SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/burningyen/rp355-sultans-without-backing[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Close enough for Rock n' Roll Ben :)

RVB

WOW, Amazing, Incredible, Awesome - that's pretty close, - and really fantastic work on the strings!!

Not sure what guitar you are using, but besides the fact that you are obviously an accomplished musician, it must make a bit of difference in the tone when using my little Ibanez ART100.

I activated the pickup to single coil and adjusted the gain a bit higher to my liking.

Hey, and a big thanks also to Olerabbit for the links

Cheers

burningyen

Thanks, man, that was a fun tune to learn. I'm not that experienced playing without a pick. I tried tackling the outro solo too, but it was way beyond me. :( The guitar was my '97-98 57AVRI Strat, using the middle pickup, a DiMarzio Area 67. If I had to do it over again I would increase the Level of the CS Comp a bit to bring a little smoke out of the amp sim. A lot will depend on how hot your pickups are. Also, I couldn't quite get enough sparkle no matter what amps or cabs I tried. I just noticed that the Presence was at 0dB, which is weird, I thought I had it maxed out! Anyway, I would suggest maxing it out.

RVB

yup, that's exactly what I did, which I forgot to mention in my last reply.

thanks again!!!

Trending Topics