Is the Sensei RA neck different than previous versions?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Mojo Shinn, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Mojo Shinn

Mojo Shinn Supporting Member

I went to my local reverend dealer to check out some Reverends. I recall really liking the necks on Sensei models I played a few years ago - if I had to describe them, they felt pretty similar to a 59 Les Paul Gibson style. However, over the weekend, I picked up a very nice looking Sensei RA... The railhammer pickups were really nice, and the guitar played very nicely, but the neck definitely seems different from previous Sensei (and set neck) models... The radius seemed flatter than 12", the depth of the neck was like an SG (not deep at all), and this made the neck feel wider than usual... less of a vintage feel than I remember, and more like a "shredder" neck. I checked the specs on the Reverend website, and the RA is supposed to be identical to other Reverend set neck models.... Perhaps Joe Naylor or another Reverend expert can chime in.. Are my hands deceiving me, or is does the RA model have a different neck? Perhaps all of the set necks have a different carve now...?

Thanks in advance

2. Nimbley

Nimbley Member

I'd love to know also. Recently I've had a little GAS for the black one, I just don't have any dealers near me to play one. I love the blend of old and new. It's a beauty indeed.