is the timmys input impendance high like the super hard on?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by popinvasion, Jan 17, 2006.

1. popinvasion

popinvasion Supporting Member

I want a pedal in the front of my pedal chain, like the superhard on but I want some eq control but like the fact the superhard on has very high input impendance seems to be what I need in a buffer but would prefer the control of the timmy so does the timmy have a high input impendance as well? thanks

2. Gary Ladd

Gary Ladd Member

I was doing a search & found this lil' ignored thread, and since I was curious about this too I thought I'd give it a *BOOST*

Anyone?!? :confused:

3. Fuzzdawg

Fuzzdawg Member

great idea! someone answer this!

4. tocs100

tocs100 Member

For several days I've been trying to find Dunlop wah in & out impedances. These are very arcane subjects!

5. tocs100

tocs100 Member

(Thread-toolbar not working to subscribe, so had to post again.)

6. Aj_rocker

Aj_rocker Member

the best person to ask about the tim/timmy is Paul C who is a memeber, try pm him or ringing him.
    As for the wah if you can get a manual or info sheet from dunlop, it should say there. if its a crybaby standard then i think i have it, but il'' check it and post it later.

Aj

7. BillyK

BillyK Supporting Member

Hey, if anyone learns impedance info on Tim/Timmy, please share!

8. theelectic

theelectic Guest

I will venture a guess, based on what PaulC has mentioned about the TIM in the past - the input Z is high enough so that it won't load down your pickups, but it is not as high as the SHO. Really, you don't want it too high because sometimes that will introduce extra noise.

Anyway, the TIM will be just fine if you want something that will (a) not load down your pickups, and (b) drive long cables.

9. theelectic

theelectic Guest

Also forgot to mention, there's a little tool in one of the Craig Anderton books that can be used to roughly measure input Z. I think it's in "DIY Projects for Guitarists". I'll see if I can dig it up.

10. Gary Ladd

Gary Ladd Member

Thanks for the tip, I was hoping Paul would give us a heads-up, perhaps he's on vacation :)

11. tocs100

tocs100 Member

Would much appreciate it: my computer won't downlaod the Dunlop manuals.

12. asdf

asdf Member

It isn't something he doesn't care about, Paul simply doesn't have the time to respond to all the emails and pm's he gets. I've seen him post that he has a little headset on while he solders just so he can tell people where they are on the list and take orders. If you still need it, I'm sure somebody has the PDF file they could send you- I'd send it but my computer recently failed and so I don't have it anymore.

13. PaulC

PaulC Member

This is so rude and out of line. I have stated many times that the way I do this is by phone only. Emails and PM's don't work for me. This is my choosen way of dealing with this, and I have been very clear on this many times.

I'm sorry that I don't do this the way you'd like me to. But don't take shots at me because you want to do this your way. I'm doing the best I can with the time I have, and using the phone is the only way that works for me right now. I did not ignore you - you choose to contact me in ways I've told people not to, and I didn't see it. It's that simple. To say this is something I don't care about is way out of line.

I do biz from 7pm-10pm central time by phone. Not 3am like somebody tried to call me last night...

Regards, PaulC

Update - I did an email and pm search for Coreybox and I found nothing. I also went under your email address and found nothing. I don't know who you are. This is why I choose to use the phone...

14. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

You know what, you have a question, then call the man!! Don't take shots and pop your mouth off of a public forum. Paul C. loves what he does and cares, but does not have time to respond to every email and PM that people send. But he loves what he does, and he makes the best, and I mean best overdrive ever!! And I love these pedals more than anything. My hats off to Paul C. for making the best overdrive ever!

Shane Pasqualla
    WET ANIMAL
    http://www.wetanimal.net
    http://www.phensic.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wetanimal

15. tcrash

tcrash Supporting Member

I would greatly appreciate the phone number, so I can get on the list.
    Thanks

16. PaulC

PaulC Member

tcrash - it's 615-896-8555, but not today - doing the 4th thing...

PaulC

17. tcrash

tcrash Supporting Member

Thanks Paul, I'll give you a shout later in the week.

18. tcrash

tcrash Supporting Member

Before I call, I have heard that between 7:00 - 9:00 pm
    is the time to call, but what time zone is this?
    I could probably find out by doing a little research, but I thought I would ask first.
    Thanks

19. BillyK

BillyK Supporting Member

20. derek2615

derek2615 Member

Central. See Pauls email above...