Is there a best of both worlds scenerio to be had here? (master volumes)

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by john l, Feb 18, 2012.

1. john l

john l Member

Ive brought this up in other threads but havent really gotten much response on it so I thought Id just flat out ask you guys about utilizing 2 types of masters in the same amp. Heres the deal, I really like the Lar mar MV in my jmp but I feel its effect on my tone controls pretty limiting and Ive had the thought of adding something like the typical 1meg pot off trebble to use in conjunction with it. My thought is that I can keep the Lar Mar turned up in the higher regions (diminishing the tone control effect) and then take a little off the top with the other. Is there something Im not thinking through 100% here? Thanks very much for any help.

2. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks Member

3. epluribus

epluribus Member

I'd be sure both could be bypassed. Otherwise, they'll both be in the circuit at all times and you won't get an and/or/none function. IIRC, the LarMar already takes itself out of the circuit at ten...do I have that right guys? Been a while...

--Ray

4. john l

john l Member

Im just trying to get all my ducks in a row here and Im not aware of anyone doing this on a production amp which makes me think this may not work out the way Im hoping it will. I dont want to get into bypassing and all that, just to simple masters working together. What do you guys think?