Is there a Best..Smoothest High quality Fuzz out there...Im talking premium...????

lightningblues427

Can anyone recommend a be all end all super smooth fuzz pedal, Im looking for the only fuzz I will ever need kind of pedal....does that exist ?

preferably super smooth, fuzzy, silky sustain type of fuzz... not your average every day fuzz like Wampler sells no disrespect intended, but a premium top of the line type of Fuzz pedal...

Jet Age Eric

I'm not sure what "premium top of the line" means in this context, but the Blackout Effectors Musket has been my "be all end all super smooth fuzz pedal"--crank the Pre and Fuzz knobs and EQ to taste. I also was blown away by how well the Soundblox 2 OFD did this in its Muff setting; it did everything well, and several things above average, but it's Muff was impossibly liquid-y smooth--sustain for months (the built-in gate can't touch it, even at its most extreme setting). -E

lightningblues427

Thanks for replying...

what Im wondering is does someone make a Fuzz that if everyone could afford it thats the Fuzz they would buy, kinda like Strymon blew every delay practically out of the water so everyone (figuratively) wants a Strymon etc.

Is there a Fuzz like that....one that once its on your board you literally know you dont have to look for it ever again for the most part....

cgallent

I love my Caroline Guitar Co. Wave Cannon. It's very flexible and tunable to your needs. You can get everything from and Overdrive sound through full-on square wave fuzz tones - and tons of gain on hand to get your sustain where you want it.

Yossi

There is no best. You'll get about 50 different recommendations with this thread, but there will not be a TGP best.

The clearer you are with your vision of what you want the better the suggestions will be.

But, I must warn you: If you are serious about finding the best fuzz it's going to cost you a lot of money because you will end up buying fuzz after fuzz.
I know from experience.

nerdbot

Thanks for replying...

what Im wondering is does someone make a Fuzz that if everyone could afford it thats the Fuzz they would buy, kinda like Strymon blew every delay practically out of the water so everyone (figuratively) wants a Strymon etc.

Is there a Fuzz like that....one that once its on your board you literally know you dont have to look for it ever again for the most part....
Strymon's pedals are considered what they are for essentially bringing a greater amount of technology and options over your standard delays and reverbs.

Most of the popular fuzz pedals have circuits which have been made since the 60s. It is old technology often requiring very few, inexpensive parts. There is no 'premium.' There is just personal preference and perhaps a varying level of trust depending on a brand/builder's reputation.

Also, the sounds of fuzz tend to differ so wildly, your post isn't very helpful in determining what you want.

Also, also, if wampler isn't 'premium,' then what is?

b_rad

It doesn't exist. You may find the perfect fuzz for you, but there really isn't a single pedal that does it all. If there were we wouldn't make more than one fuzz pedal. Considering the bazillion combinations of guitars, pickups, amps, cables, etc., as well as personal taste, one person's "be all, end all" is another person's "meh". :)

lightningblues427

There is no best. You'll get about 50 different recommendations with this thread, but there will not be a TGP best.

The clearer you are with your vision of what you want the better the suggestions will be.

But, I must warn you: If you are serious about finding the best fuzz it's going to cost you a lot of money because you will end up buying fuzz after fuzz.
I know from experience.
Sadly I believe you are so very right, recently I decided I would go all out cash wise and remake my board front to end and buy what I feel is currently the Best effect of its type....

I know that sounds ridiculous in so many ways, but it is true in some categories (ie: compressors= Origin Effects,Effectrode...etc.etc)...there are a select few companies that make what are arguably the best type of effect by reputation and of course usually price wise, so I was hoping to narrow that down in the Fuzz category.

Super Silky Smooth, Refined, Sustaining, Mastered sound quality type Fuzz ...would be what I imagine the Best to be for me....if that helps.

seiko

Can anyone recommend a be all end all super smooth fuzz pedal, Im looking for the only fuzz I will ever need kind of pedal....does that exist ?

preferably super smooth, fuzzy, silky sustain type of fuzz... not your average every day fuzz like Wampler sells no disrespect intended, but a premium top of the line type of Fuzz pedal...
What guitar/s do you use?

What amp/s?

What is your band situation? (This is an important question for a fuzz nut because a duo or a power trio has much more leeway on smooth, massive fuzz tones than a dual-guitar or guitar/horn band where you have a narrow band of spikey, nasally frequencies to make your mark in.)

Any ballpark guitar sounds you can illustrate as fuzz sounds you like?

Empros

It doesn't exist. You may find the perfect fuzz for you, but there really isn't a single pedal that does it all. If there were we wouldn't make more than one fuzz pedal. Considering the bazillion combinations of guitars, pickups, amps, cables, etc., as well as personal taste, one person's "be all, end all" is another person's "meh". :)
Agreed. There's no best fuzz for anything.

My favourite smooth sounding fuzz would be my Analogman Sunface BC183. But even that, there are people that prefer the BC108 or Germanium models like the NKT and TI/UK... so many options!!
A Big Muff circuit would do well here too, I really like the BA Tri/Ram. Tri and Ram's head Muffs in one pedal with a mids knob.

The "Strymon" of fuzz may be the the Spaceman fuzzes, but even then, they're not the most popular because of the price and I'm not even sure I'd call them the best.

lightningblues427

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfgJ--yKhvg That should cover you on a demo of it.
... a little too much crunch for me, but thank you.

Super Silky very, very Smooth, Refined, Sustaining, Mastered sound quality type Fuzz ...would be what I imagine the Best to be for me....if that helps. ....If it will do Crunch Im thinking it is not smooth enough to be what Im looking for.......... __________________I dont care about price....$500 is fair to me if thats what it would take...

cue311

The smoothest one I have is the PTD Tornita with the gate knob full up. I don't use it that way generally, but it is like a ray of light converted to sound.

lightningblues427

The smoothest one I have is the PTD Tornita with the gate knob full up. I don't use it that way generally, but it is like a ray of light converted to sound.
Thank you I will check this out...

Super Silky, very, very, Smooth, Refined, Sustaining, Mastered sound quality type Fuzz ...would be what I imagine the Best to be for me....if that helps. ....If it will do Crunch Im thinking it is not smooth enough to be what Im looking for.......... __________________I dont care about price....$500 is fair to me if thats what it would take...

cue311

Thank you I will check this out...

Super Silky, very, very, Smooth, Refined, Sustaining, Mastered sound quality type Fuzz ...would be what I imagine the Best to be for me....if that helps. ....If it will do Crunch Im thinking it is not smooth enough to be what Im looking for.......... __________________I dont care about price....$500 is fair to me if thats what it would take...
It does do *some* crunch, but how can you have a distorted sound without it crunching out at least a little bit on chords?

Be forewarned, the Tornita does a lot more... the vast majority of which is decidedly NOT smooth. :)

Yossi

Sadly I believe you are so very right, recently I decided I would go all out cash wise and remake my board front to end and buy what I feel is currently the Best effect of its type....

I know that sounds ridiculous in so many ways, but it is true in some categories (ie: compressors= Origin Effects,Effectrode...etc.etc)...there are a select few companies that make what are arguably the best type of effect by reputation and of course usually price wise, so I was hoping to narrow that down in the Fuzz category.

Super Silky Smooth, Refined, Sustaining, Mastered sound quality type Fuzz ...would be what I imagine the Best to be for me....if that helps.
I've gone the same route as you and I wouldn't discourage anyone from doing so, provided that they are still paying their bills and their children aren't going hungry.

By chasing down the products with highly rated reputations and the willingness and ability to spend the money needed to get all that gear, you will discover some rewarding tone, for sure.

You'll see threads looking for advice on going for one level of guitar over another and there will be members posting the virtues and flaws of both.

The Boiling point is an example of a very expensive Tube Screamer, and so are a lot of other OD pedals. There are countless boutique builders making all sorts of pedals with so many different variations that it makes finding a best really impossible.

After a while you may run out of steam (GAS) and realize that you have everything you want. But you may have to not visit TGP for that to happen.

Again, good luck in your search.

Trending Topics