Is there a digital delay pedal that won't glitch out as you sweep the time knob?

BeeBaa

I'm guessing this may simply be one of those things only an analog delay can do, but I'm curious to know whether any digital delays can do the time-stretching thing without getting all chirpy and glitchy.

S. F. Sorrow

The El Capistan. I was impressed how the time knob reacts like the sliding head of an Echoplex or the fixed head of Space Echo types. There's a lag just like the originals.

TimmyPage

The Source Audio Nemesis, Strymon Dig, even most of the modes on the TC Flashback 2 (except the 2290 mode). Come to think of it, I find more delays these days have the pitch shifting stuff than not when you turn the time knob.

morbid

what? thats half the fun!
well, anything with a tap tempo, stays quite while you tap in the new tempo

blujosh

dd3/5 does not glicth, it pitches up and down like an analog delay
yep! add the dd-2 to that. you can also pitch up/down the "hold" (sample) mode of the of the DD-2/DD-3 by turning the time knob.
i'm also pretty sure some of the modes of the newer ones - dd-6, dd-7 - also pitch up/down as opposed to glitch.

DisasterArea

Owner, Disaster Area Designs and Alexander Pedals
Alexander History Lesson II is programmed to eliminate that when you turn knobs or tap a new tempo

The original History Lesson does have the pitch-shifting artifacts and the History Lesson Vol. II does not. We got dozens of emails from V1 owners complaining about the pitch change, and then when we released the Vol II we got dozens of emails from players complaining about the lack of the pitch bending!

We just released a new pedal that lets you choose glide or no-glide per preset. Hopefully that will satisfy everyone. :)

awallace

The original History Lesson does have the pitch-shifting artifacts and the History Lesson Vol. II does not. We got dozens of emails from V1 owners complaining about the pitch change, and then when we released the Vol II we got dozens of emails from players complaining about the lack of the pitch bending!

I feel your pain! We went through the same thing with the Memory Lane Jr. People used to complain about the Memory Lane 1/Memory Lane 2 pitch shifting so we figured we would be smart and eliminate that on the Memory Lane Jr, in no time we started getting the "it doesn't pitch shift!" emails and quickly released a new version of the firmware with a fourth mode (as mentioned above by -Empire) for the folks that liked the pitch shift.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom