Is There a Fender Neck Close to A Gibson LP Classic?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Junk Yard Dog, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Junk Yard Dog

Junk Yard Dog Member

My friend want's his Fender Strat neck to resemble that of his Gibson LP Classic?

Is that possible? Does Warmoth make a neck similar in size that he could purchase, or would it just feal weird?

2. Drew68

Drew68 Supporting Member

I have a Classic. Of course, I love the neck! I purchased a Highway One Strat in big part due to the fact that the neck was thin like my Classic.

The similarity ends there. When you go from Gibson to Fender, you have too many variables that swapping out a neck won't change. Everything from scale length which affects the tension on the strings to different neck angles, headstock angles, bridges, etc.

Your friend could get one of the thinner ("C-shaped maybe?) compound radii necks from Warmoth but that is about as close as he'll be able to get and it won't come close to feeling like a Les Paul.

Two different animals.

3. lamenlovinit

lamenlovinit Member

No. But G&L does. If he goes somewhere with a huge inventory, he'll find what he wants. Hand shaped mostly. Lots of variation. Some real baseball bats. I mean that in a good way:AOK

4. bastet

bastet Member

Doesn't Warmoth have an option for a Gibson Scale Length bolt-on Strat Neck?

5. shawntp

shawntp Member

This is sort of a weird recommendation and not of great use but I figure I'll chime in.

I love the Gibson Les Paul Classic neck.

I bought a 1974 Fender Telecaster Custom - it has a fatter neck than a regular Tele that I find similar to my Les Paul. I bought the 1974 tele over other options because it was just absolutely the most comfortable playing neck I've found on a Fender (For me anyways).

6. pokey

pokey Supporting Member

I would think a aftermarket fender neck with a slim taper and 11/16 nut would easy enough to find if you look around a little. Warmoth, USACG, and Allparts would be a good start. Good Luck. :)