Is there a mini volume pedal with a side-roller on the market?

the tourist

So I am looking for a mini volume pedal for my wet-only rig so that I can slowly fade shimmer in and out of the signal to my second amp. But I do not want something that is the standard rocker pedal like an Ernie Ball. Does anyone make a tiny pedal that just has a big knob on the side (like the Disaster Area side-roller, but for volume instead of mini expression)?

I tried searching using the search function and also through google. Does anyone know if this is something that some company has in production? I have seen a bunch with the knob on top, but none with the volume on the side.

I don't know of one. Do you have the disaster area, and if so, could you use it to control volume through the expression pedal input of an unused pedal with an assignable expression pedal input?

the tourist

I don't know of one. Do you have the disaster area, and if so, could you use it to control volume through the expression pedal input of an unused pedal with an assignable expression pedal input?
I don't have the Disaster Area... I just was using an example of what I meant.

The closest I've seen is the Hotone line and I suppose I could use the compressor to achieve a poor-man's version of what I want.... But that's not my preference for multiple reasons.

rck

It's a top-knob volume, which I also am not really interested in. And NosePedal have awful customer service, which I found out firsthand (and then saw probably 50-100 bad experiences elsewhere recently).
Roger that, duly noted on their rep.

Should be an easy build, you'll find someone who does it. Good luck

Delayed Delay

Just get in touch with t1m... He made me one exactly like you're describing. It worked pretty good. Still not as smooth as a standard Ernie Ball VP Jr, but it's tiny size was worth it.

AdamSH89

If size is the issue, you could always try the AMT LLM-2. It is a standard style vertical volume pedal like you said you don't want, but it's tiny.

the tourist

This is probably the closest I've seen so far, but it's still a compromise in my mind's eye. Want a jumbo knob roller mounted on the side of a tiny enclosure.

If size is the issue, you could always try the AMT LLM-2. It is a standard style vertical volume pedal like you said you don't want, but it's tiny.
I've heard there are lots of issues with those besides bein bigger than I'd like.

prs513

I used a guy who hales from Israel, he hand makes them, paints anything you want on the case and shipped them to me. I found him on Facebook, here's a link.

https://www.facebook.com/DorbeFX

Scroll through for a while he posted an entry on his page with pictures before he shipped them.

Don't let the Hebrew on the page worry you he speaks fluid English.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prs513

I'm thinking of checking those out. Anyone have experience with that small AMT expression pedal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DisasterArea

Owner, Disaster Area Designs and Alexander Pedals
The biggest issue with a side roller is the turning moment. We put a lot of rollers on things, and it's trivial to wire them up to control audio volume vs. expression. We can put a roller on anything that's tall enough to hold it (the knob skirt is 1 3/8".) But if the box isn't somewhat bigger than the knob, you will need to fasten it down SECURELY or else the knob will move the box around, due to the torque you're putting on there. If you want a really small volume pedal side roller just PM me, we do stuff like that all the time. Just be prepared to dual-lock or VHB it to your board if you don't want to chase it all over the floor :)

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
Cool pedal, Nepo! Do you have a website?
You can just PM me if you like. I machined the roller out of solid billet as well as the mount. The roller has a nice feel because of the solid aluminum and the pot can be changed out easily because of the mounting bracket.

kurt1981

Silver Supporting Member
I have a T1M mini volume he makes them with and without buffer, it's the size of an EP booster with a big knob on the side, think he charges $35 for them. Killer pedal,
Kurt

Trending Topics