is there a pedal that can get me close to

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by neastguy, Dec 22, 2005.

1. neastguy

neastguy Supporting Member

faking the recto-big gain sound that all those bands are using.... were updating our setlist w/more modern stuff and if I can run a pedal on top of my clean channel it would help.... I already can get that scorpions type gain drive by my amp but I need more of that modern gain... any ideas?....:confused:

2. pacomc79

pacomc79 Member

What's the price range please?

3. neastguy

everytime I tried to do a search it didnt seem to be specific enough, dunno, i'm an idiot..

4. neastguy

I'd like to spend no more than $150 and I'll be going via a 2x12 cab... also, which i better, to use a pedal of my clean channel to try and copy this sound a bit, or use the gain I have on my amp with some kind of pedal..:RoCkIn

5. dosmun

dosmun Member

A Mesa V-Twin may do it for you. You should be able to get a used one for around $150

6. neastguy

interesting, but it doesnt look like my pedal power2 will power it... what about a boss metal zone?:RoCkIn

7. pacomc79

pacomc79 Member

It's really tough to get the kind of sound right, but one that I think might work well for you is the Boss Metal Zone modded by Robert Keeley or anyone of the other astute people, I say keeley, because of the ones I've owned his seem to have the treble that you will need. Another thing that would work well down the line is one of those Boss GE-7 sniper mods infront of that keeley for a boost.

You might try a few of the Electro Harmonix tube pedals in your shopping as well, especially the one that has the cascaded gain stages.

The DNA Gain Fu***er as well

here is the Keely.

http://www.robertkeeley.com/product.php?id=16

oh and in addition adding a BBE or other maximiser to your rig will help big time with that sound.

8. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

+1 on modded MT2. Really, any mod (Keeley or whoever) should do it for you

9. Supertgtr

Supertgtr Member

The Line-6 uber-metal should get you close.

10. Leftee

Leftee Guest

They come with their own P/S. 18v IIRC. Great pedal. It will do that scooped thing as well as more traditional tones. Very flexible pedal.:cool:

11. Josh O

Josh O Member

+2 on the Keeley modded MT-2. Can't say it does the recto thing to a T but it definetely is full of modern metal. The Keeley mod takes out the thin shrilliness of the pedal without losing the high gain.

12. DrDespair

DrDespair Member

To keep with standard equipment:

Boss MetalZone
    Boss MegaDistortion (MD-2)

should work