• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Is there a pedal that does what the BoR does, only better?

kingjoemom

Hi, I just wanted to look at the options for overdrives that sound just as good or maybe better than the BoR. So if you could recommend a pedal that does the JTM45 on 10 thing really well please recommend it. Also it would be really nice if it had the boost that the BoR has.

boltino

Silver Supporting Member
Hi, I just wanted to look at the options for overdrives that sound just as good or maybe better than the BoR. So if you could recommend a pedal that does the JTM45 on 10 thing really well please recommend it. Also it would be really nice if it had the boost that the BoR has.

IMHO, there is no other pedal that does that any better than the BOR. Amazing pedal!

alguit

Silver Supporting Member
I agree with the above poster. I CAN think of some nice pedals that give one that JTM45 flavor-the old Marshall Bluesbreaker pedals are really good, and a Rockett Animal goes a little both into 45 and plexi territory. However, I cannot think of another that has the boost included, and that BoR boost is pretty great!

Of course, there's the ZVex Distortron, which is a BoR with more gain, the ability to cut some bass, but no boost...

All the best,

Alan

sleepyone

Of course, there's the ZVex Distortron, which is a BoR with more gain, the ability to cut some bass, but no boost...

All the best,

Alan
I a/b'ed them and with no bass cut or added gain on the Distortron, they sound identically; I just like the Distortron better since you can coax some interesting sounds out it, from cleaner, more transparent light overdrives to stoner-like distortion.
Definitely one of my all time favorite pedals

kingjoemom

I mean I like the sound and the boost, I was just wondering what other people liked that sounded like it. That's all. :)

Ben C.

I think the Menatone Workingman's Blue was a good alternative (I had the 6-knob version). IMO, it sounded a bit clearer and more open than the BoR, and it too was made to cop a JTM45 sound.

dsw67

I was reading about the BoR on the Zvex web site. Is it better for Marshall amps or will it work well for Fender type amps?

wingwalker

Fuzzy Guitars
I've not found anything yet that even comes close to touching the BoR much less betters it!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom