• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Is there a pedal that has multiple amp distortion models in it...in one pedal??

Russ73

Ive been running a pedal platform setup through a Quilter into a 2x12 cab and Ive amassed a few pedals, distortion to overdrive etc....is there a pedal that has a few amp models in a singular pedal to play around with? I was looking at the HX Stomp but its appears to have too much going on and complicated with cab sims etc.....looking for something simple!

Russ73

I'll looknup tge strymon...im new to this but I've heard you guys talk about the strymon...thx!

abby_normal

Well, it's been around for a while but maybe a Sansamp GT2? Perhaps they've updated it but it's still available. I had one back in the late 90's a ran it into an ADA power amp and a 12" cabinet. I remember it sounded pretty darn good, but I mainly used the California(BF Fender) and didn't know enough about the other amps to use them. I played mostly clean back then.

Fredescu

If you just want something cheap to muck around with, there's the Joyo R15. It does have cab sim, but you can turn it off.

Russ73

Funny I've had a GT2 since the late 90s...its sounds aweful through my quilter head...like really bad...lol...i currently run a 5150 mxr....bogner red mini....orca super badass with grest results...the pedal platform is a Hella lot cheaper that buying each individual tube amp and no tube maintenance and the crowd can't tell the difference...is it the same?? No but sounds great...

Tommy Biggs

Gold Supporting Member
The old Tech21 Tri-OD had a Marshall, a Mesa and a Tweed model on 1 pedal.
None of the models were tremendous recreations of the originals, but it was mildly effective.
Not perfectly flexible either, but at least they had separate volume and drive, with an overall eq.

metrokosmiko

Silver Supporting Member
The Strymon Iridium is a very, very realistic digital amp modeler and cab sim, but I wouldn't think of it as a distortion pedal.

hunter

Silver Supporting Member
I don't think it is exactly what you have in mind but if I was looking for a multiple amp model pedal, I think I'd try a Mooer Preamp Live.

Maybe the simplest approach is get an IR box like the NUX Solid Studio or Mooer Radar or... and use your quilter as an approximation of a FRFR speaker. The sound varieties that you can get out of a pretty god IR box are not bad and then you use the pedals you know.

Merv's Mods

Boss OD-20. On my board now. Saved me at least 3 spaces (actually 4 because it's a double pedal). Works great for what I need with quick access to 4 favorite settings.

LikeAMotherF

Gold Supporting Member
Have you looked at the old Line 6 Pod stuff? HD500 is supposed to sound good. I also got some cool sounds from a Vox Tonelab.

Some of the old stuff still holds up really well, if you set your expectations.

dshobe

Rocky Mountain Way
Gold Supporting Member
Spendy option, but I believe this is what the Origin Revival Drive is meant for.

tonedover

This Is Fine.
Platinum Supporting Member
Ive been running a pedal platform setup through a Quilter into a 2x12 cab and Ive amassed a few pedals, distortion to overdrive etc....is there a pedal that has a few amp models in a singular pedal to play around with? I was looking at the HX Stomp but its appears to have too much going on and complicated with cab sims etc.....looking for something simple!
atomic ampli-firebox.
i ran one for quite a while, great tones to be had. you DO NOT have to hook it to your computer if u like the NINE default amps on the box. no menus. no bs, just knobs and toggles

i did end up swapping out some of the amps and default 2nd footswitch controls on my pc, but overall its one of the few multieffects i praise a lot bc its so intuitive with just the pedals knobs